Can you recommend a good cotton nappy?

Lillylemon

Mum to 1 little boy :-)
Reaction score
Hi girls,

I bought some pre-loved LL cottons but they clearly don't wash up that well (or perhaps I was just unlucky with these ones I bought). They are very usable but just not very soft, more like how towels go after a while. Are all cotton nappies the same? I have plenty of bamboo ones to try out when LO arrives but thought I should try some different materials. I have LLs and Bamboozles. Can anyone recommend any cotton ones that wash up well? Perhaps cotton always has a tendancy to go crispy, I'm just worried it'll irritate LOs skin. We don't have a tumble drier and I'm worried the bamboos will take too long to dry (although I suppose I could just have a bigger stash to allow for this).

Thanks! x

I didn't have any real success with keeping cotton nappies soft without a tumble dryer so I don't have any now. I much prefer bamboo or microfibre or if you do want to use cotton, maybe use it as inserts in pocket nappies? That way the cotton isn't actually touching LO's skin. Most pockets have fleece as the inside layer, which stays soft however it's dried.

If your living in a hard water area then I think cotton nappies tend to go quite stiff and crunchy. Im in Kent and I have really hard water and if I dry my LL's on the line they need a tumble to soften them up. Microfibre might be the way to go, nice and soft and quick to dry.

Like ohters have said a short spin in the tumbler softens up cotton althouigh I have only done this once or twice as I feel it kind of defies the point of cloth!

I always use a nice soft fleece liner against bubs bottom - these always come out soft and also help keep his skin dry. The LL fleece liners are particularly soft :)

I don't have cotton nappies for many reasons. Have you considered mikee or cuddle soft? they are lovely against lo's skin and dry quickly.

Thanks everyone - you girls are such quick repliers on this forum!

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll have a bit of a look online. The LL fleece liners are lovely aren't they, I didn't really think of the fact that they will mostly be against LO's skin, I was thinking more around the legs.

I think perhaps I should avoid cotton but stock up on bamboo and just make sure I have enough to allow for the extra drying time. Maybe I'll get a couple of microfibres too.

I noticed the Ella's House nappies are really reasonable, does anyone have any opinions on these? The liners are really cute too.

I used to use LL cottons and yes I thought they were always rather crisp, even when fluffed in the dryer, but LO was never bothered by it (or if he was he never said). We also used LL fleece liners - they're great. I haven't bothered getting anything in cotton in size 2 though, just bamboo, but I am keeping my size 1s in case we have another baby (they are far too pre-loved to sell on!)

Thanks Mary. I think the ones that I bought are also too pre-loved but I suppose everyone has different ideas about what they think are ok!

Oh all mine were preloved when I got them, practically prehistoric. God knows how many babies had used them, a few anyway. They were fine though, worked well. I don't give a damn about pretty nappies. :lol: If I was to sell them on I would feel bad asking anything more than about 50p each! (they didn't cost me that much more, IIRC. ;) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->