can you recommend me a sewing machine?

bumpy_j

Reaction score
I'm thinking of making some crafty bits soon for the new house and possibly clothes if I get awesome at sewing so I'm thinking about asking for a machine for Christmas/birthday - can anyone recommend me a decent machine? Thanks!

I've got a Jenome, I'm not sure on the model but it was about two hundred so pretty cheap. Its great - very easy to use and set up etc. I'd recommend going to John Lewis and having a demo of a few, they are usually really helpful :)

Um... remind me later to check mine. I cannot be bothered to go upstairs right now... it;s a Toyota one though and I love it. I'll check the exact model in a bit. I also have some clothes patterns if you want them? I got them out the pack and was so scared I never looked again lol xx

oh wow that would be cool thanks for offering! dunno if I'd be any less scared though haven't used a sewing machine in a few years aha xx

Mostly for 50s style dresses so you just have to make me one if you end up having the skills ;) xx

ahhh that's so good! Of course you'd get a complimentary one :) although I'm suddenly getting flashbacks of my textiles teachers telling me to never consider doing textiles for GCSE ever ever ever... but maybe its not too late to learn :D

Janome and Singer are meant to be really good makes but I have a cheapy one and it really wasn't worth it, I wish I'd saved the money and waited til I could afford a good one!!

I've got a Janome and I love it. Came with a zillion free threads and other stuff and was free delivery from here- my machine I also ordered an overlocking foot that saves me buying a seperate machine yet :thumbup:

I;'ve got a little singer, which is fairly new, and I love it. It was the cxheapest oe they make, and is fab , I love it.

My Mum does loads of sewing, and she recently got a "Brother" one which she says is the bees knees. I'm not really qualified to comment on that though, my expertised with a sewing machine ends at threading it :rofl:

My Mum does loads of sewing, and she recently got a "Brother" one which she says is the bees knees. I'm not really qualified to comment on that though, my expertised with a sewing machine ends at threading it :rofl:

Threading it is TOTALLY the hardest bit! :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->