Can You See Your Vaginal Wall Post Birth?

squeal

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I had a consultation at the hospital on Thursday as I wasn't happy with down there and the MW last time I saw her had told me my episiotomy had healed as much as it was going to do.

Anyhow, I was told on Thursday that my episiotomy had now fully healed, however, my issue was that you can see my vaginal walls when you look at my vagina and it looks horrible. The consultant told me that this is what happens when you have a baby and that it is completely normal for you to be able to see them?!

I'm not sure whether to believe her or not! So my question is can you see your vaginal walls after giving birth and if so what is sex like? My vaginal opening just seems to be blocked my tissue and it looks so awful I don't even want to put my finger in let alone allow my OH near me.

I just need a bit of reassurance really and to know whether seeing your walls is as common as she's making out or whether she's trying to fob me off.

Thanks for any replies in advance.

I can't but I didn't tear or get an episiotamy, just didn't want to leave you waiting for a response. I hope someone else can help you more than I can, good luck!

Since tearing and being stitched there is a hard lump where the tear was of scar tissue, but it doesn't effect sex in any way for me. HTH x

Urgh I can too!
Thought it was a prolapse but no, just unfortunate!
:hugs:
Its so true that you're never the same again x

Have you had sex? The thought of it makes me nervous as the entrance just looks blocked by this tissue, can you feel it during sex? I don't know what to expect.

mine was like it after my first, never really went back. so still like it after my second. It's though! I haven't had sex this time yet but it all gets pushed out of the way when you do x

Thank you ladies.

Well yesterday afternoon we managed to have sex, well for a couple of minutes as Isabelle woke up, and tbh I wouldn't have wanted it to be much longer!

It didn't hurt, which I am so grateful for, and it more or less felt as normal as it could be, however, before the entrance to my vagina was rather tight and sex used to hurt to start with ... now there isn't that problem! My OH said it does feel a lot looser at the entrance too and when he pulled out it just more or less fell out!!

I don't think I would be able to have sex for long atm though as just those few minutes had made my episiotomy slightly sore as it's obviously tender new skin which is still healing so I don't think I will be having sex for long but I'm so glad that even for a few minutes I can feel close to my OH again :)

I had an episiotomy, but I've been able to see my wall since 38 weeks pregnant with DD, I think it was because she was much to big for my body. Well 2 months postpartum and I can still see it. I asked my doc about it and she said it was normal. A friend of mine said she had the same thing, still does, and her baby is much older than mine. Takes a while for things to move back up I think

i say keep up with pelvic floor exercises and it should make it better.

i had a epi and stitches and i looked after 2 weeks and it didnt look great but i went back to normal

i had a epi and stitches and i looked after 2 weeks and it didnt look great but i went back to normal

Really? I can't imagine it going back to normal :(

Really? I can't imagine it going back to normal :(

yeah i went back to normal, it looked the same and oh said it felt the same....i didnt let him near me for 12 weeks tho hahaha but i have a scar where i had the epis.

pregnancy hormoans this time have changed the way it looks which is weird but im sure sex will feel fine for u both when ur ready to dtd....i felt like a virgin hahaha i was so scared but it didnt hurt at all

What does your episiotomy look like if you don't mind me asking?

Is it just a line?

Mine looks like a red oval shape where the skin has just filled the hole in. I presume this is because I lost my stitches, do stitched episiotomy's just look like a line shaped scar or the same as mine?

My epi scar is a slightly raised line from isabel but with emily I had a second degree tear and it hasn't healed as neat looking

What does your episiotomy look like if you don't mind me asking?

Is it just a line?

Mine looks like a red oval shape where the skin has just filled the hole in. I presume this is because I lost my stitches, do stitched episiotomy's just look like a line shaped scar or the same as mine?

the way my mw stitched me she left a bit of skin raised but thats worn away with time so now i just have a line where she cut and its slightly lighter colour then the skin down there.

Hey, we've chatted in prolapse threads! I've come to conclusion it just be normal as I really don't seem to have prolapse however it feels. After a couple of months I'd say I looked about the same as in late pregnancy (though less swollen) in that the opening had closed up loads but could still see some wall. I checked for prolapse inside and it all just felt normal, just the opening looking and feeling more open than normal. Three months on I've not tried sex. The two times we've messed about just outside have left me sore for days. I ovulated a couple of weeks ago and get pain inside exactly the same as pushing Indigo out but obviously way less intense! I came on my first period two days ago and the three days before felt SOOOOO much better down below! I hardly thought about it at all. I might try sex after this period.

I had a second degree tear and the scar feels raised. I've not really looked at it. First birth was ventouse delivery (that left me too damaged inside for sex for 8 months) with episiotomy. I never ever looked after that birth so can't compare anything. When I started perineal massage last pregnancy I was pretty surprised to feel a huge groove inside where I had the epis. Outside it was just a white scar.

If it helps, I felt so hideous for months after my first birth but eventually sex was just back to normal. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->