Can you take maca while BFing?

It is a little controversial as there really aren't any good studies.
However, i did and my dd is fine. i went along the basis that Peruvian women do, and it's a root plant. it made me feel really good, too!

SSJAD I know this is old, but I'm 44 and had a baby last June, she's now 7 months old and I'm still breastfeeding. I would love to try to have another baby before it's too late and cycles are trying to start up again (had some EWCM) as baby sleeps longer/started solids, though still nurses on demand every few hours and once at night.
I had a sparse period a couple weeks ago, not preceeded by an ovulation I believe, but next cycle maybe?

You said you took Maca? Were you taking it when you concieved during nursing? How old was your baby when you concieved (had your cycles returned, if so when?) and how much nursing/day was he/she doing? also, can i ask your age?

I tried maca early on breastfeeding and it seemed to really make my supply tank. I was using Femmenessence brand gelatanized maca pills, they are the ones used in some clinical trials and quite strong. my supply dropped immediately w/in 24 hrs both times I tried it, and took about a week to rebound again each time. (I initially tried to see if it could increase supply as DD was tongue tied and had low supply initially)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->