Can you try after you have finished bleeding

Sarah_16x

Mum to Jayden & pregnant
Reaction score
Hiya about a week ago i stopped bleeding from my mc are you aloud to start trying after the bleed from a miscarraige....

or do you have to wait for your period?

xx

Its up to you hun, so many differant things are told by doctors etc.

Have you had sex since the bleeding stopped? sometimes the bleeding might start up again.

Some people are told there is more chance of mc if you get pregnant again straight away, some people are told to wait tilll after one period to make sure everything is out your system......so many differant things....i remeber asking myself the same question hun...just go with what you want, but make sure your ready :hugs: x

I think it depends what your doctor/consultant recommends for you personally? Did they not say?

Mine told me I was fine to start trying right away..I had a natural mc at 6 weeks, and a scan just a day or so later showed that my body had expelled all the tissue quickly.

Although I think the main reason they recommend you wait one period is so if you do get pregnant quickly then they can date the pregnancy. To me this is a rubbish reason to wait, that's their problem!! :haha:

Haha babyQ that made me laugh :rofl: thats exactly how i felt when i was trying before my first AF came....i was like well thats what scans are for its not my problem :haha:

Whilst I agree with the other two posters and what they say about scans etc, I got pregnant immediately after my miscarriage and it was a nightmare trying to get some sense of the dates etc. It also drew out my miscarriage for a further three weeks because at the first scan (an early one we paid for) I was so behind on the dates but they just said "oh it's because you had a MC so the dates are wrong" when I KNEW something was up. Had to have a further two scans on the NHS before it was confirmed as over, which only made it more stressful.

This time I am waiting for my first AF. If I can date it a lot more accurately it won't change the fate of if I lose another baby, but it will at least save a lot of stress. Whilst I knew in my heart it was over, I still had to go for my midwife appointment, booking in bloods, two scans etc. A lot of unneccesary stress that would have been saved if we'd waited for my first AF.

Just my point of view on the issue xx

Whilst I agree with the other two posters and what they say about scans etc, I got pregnant immediately after my miscarriage and it was a nightmare trying to get some sense of the dates etc. It also drew out my miscarriage for a further three weeks because at the first scan (an early one we paid for) I was so behind on the dates but they just said "oh it's because you had a MC so the dates are wrong" when I KNEW something was up. Had to have a further two scans on the NHS before it was confirmed as over, which only made it more stressful.

This time I am waiting for my first AF. If I can date it a lot more accurately it won't change the fate of if I lose another baby, but it will at least save a lot of stress. Whilst I knew in my heart it was over, I still had to go for my midwife appointment, booking in bloods, two scans etc. A lot of unneccesary stress that would have been saved if we'd waited for my first AF.

Just my point of view on the issue xx

No, that's a VERY good point hun. When I had my mc the fact I didn't know my dates was very detrimental (I couldn't remember at all when my last af was, and also I had just come off the pill so I didn't know how long my cycles were etc). So when my baby's growth was showing as behind I was told it could be the right growth etc, but in my heart of heart I knew it shouldn't be THAT far behind..I too had to wait a long time (3 weeks) for it to be confirmed, SO stressful.

But I haven't learnt my lesson.. because I'm TTC before my first period :blush:.

For me (off topic), early scans are EVIL! If it's too early to see anything, and there's nothing there - it's such a worry till the re scan! I will never have another scan before 12 weeks unless I have problems - this is a lesson I HAVE learnt! xxx

Yeah that's a good point, but I do worry i'll be unable to wait until 12 weeks because that seems such a horribly long time to then find out it's all wrong. Having said that, I started spotting this time at about 8 weeks (one week after my early scan) so I would have been able to have an NHS scan at the EPU. I would never ever pay for a private scan again. That was the biggest kick in the face, paying £60 and driving an hour to find an empty sac :cry:

Yeah that's a good point, but I do worry i'll be unable to wait until 12 weeks because that seems such a horribly long time to then find out it's all wrong. Having said that, I started spotting this time at about 8 weeks (one week after my early scan) so I would have been able to have an NHS scan at the EPU. I would never ever pay for a private scan again. That was the biggest kick in the face, paying £60 and driving an hour to find an empty sac :cry:

:growlmad: You had to pay?! I had 2 private ones and didn't have to pay for either because the 2nd (rescan) was bad news. Least this time round we both can get ones through the nhs because of our history, as I was assured by my nhs consultant:hugs:

Sorry to go off topic Sarah! :wacko:

Sarah, are you wanting to TTC straight away? :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"