Can you use tap water for formula bottles (not pre-boiled)?

I sterilised Rebecca's bottles until age 2!:rofl: I had an obsession with it! I also boiled water for her bottles until age 2 aswell! What a geek eh!

As for Lucy I am still sterilising her bottles and boiling her water etc but I plan on stopping soon.Im more confident second time round and know that I will not be doing her any real harm not sterilising etc at her age now. I was too over cautious with Rebecca cause she was such an ill child.x

We stopped sterilising and boiling her water from about 7 months. She pretty muched put everything and anything in her mouth at around that age so figured it was pretty much pointless us sterilsing her bottles etc.

It will also help build up her immune system.

So in just over a few weeks time i can stop sterilising Rio's bottles then? I did it till Kai was 12 months cos i thought thats what u had to do?? my god i really know nothing ha!

I've put the steriliser and the kettle down! Thanks girls x

I always boiled my daughters, I found the formula dissolved a lot better with boiled water. It was smoother and no bumps!

i thought you had to steralise for 12 months it would be better to stop sooner though if its ok its a pain and i breastfeed so i only do the odd bottle here and there and his dummies :hissy: cant imagine how much time it take up if you bottle feed xxx

:blush: I'm still doing it, the boiled water & the sterilising :blush: and will continue until shes on cows milk :D but I do see the point of stopping.

Not anywhere near to this ourselves but handy to know:
https://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/formula/boilingtapwaterexpert/

We stopped sterlising at 6 months though my HV suggested that I boil the teats once a week just in case (I didn't).

I kept using boiled water probably up until the last month but god knows why! They were drinking tap water from 6 months so it doesn't really make sense to boil the water for the formula.

i read on the site the covernment say to sterilise everything untill babys first birthday and use boiled water too if you mix formula powder with cold water it doesnt mix properly

When you make up bottles & fridge them they are cold :confused: so same way ...prep bottles, warm, add formula!

I have moved on with this she has filtered water still but made as its time - sterilisers been put away & shes been fine actually hasn't been sicky so much :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->