Can't believe it!! (rant included)

D

Donna35

Jason John is 2 weeks old today OMG the last fortnight has absolutely flown!!!

I'm so proud of him - he's been BF for 2weeks now and is thriving, he's putting on weight - he's now almost 10pounds up from 9pounds 1oz born.

We're doing sooooo well - or we would be if not for one thing : will people (OH family!!) stop the f*** saying my child is huge or really big etc - I'm not stupid I hear the implication that he is fat. He is NOT fat FFS he was almost 2 weeks overdue which made him bigger and now is feeding well. Just cos he's the 'heaviest born in the family' - hmmm yes well maybe that's cos he was born to a mother who DOES NOT SMOKE and hasnt had a drink since falling pregnant, has a daddy who DOESNT do drugs or smoke etc and I ate healthy(ish lol) and looked after myself while pregnant - ever think THAT might be the reason all the other kids in the family were born so early and underweight???

Leave my son the F alone!!!:growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

I feel much better now :thumbup:

Oh I don't want to upset anybody on here - I know that babies get born early whose mummies are healthy etc - I mean their family in particular not anyone else so please don't take me up wrong xxx

mine was 2 weeks over and weighed 6lb13 shes 12 days old now and had gone up to 7lb8oz on friday lol over half a pound, little puddin she is,
to be honest tho id just ignore them chick the weight gain is a sign hes healthy and happy and that your doing a good job so i wouldnt worry about what other people say just tell them to piss off

Hugs x

I know it may feel like that but your hormones are all over the place and you may be taking things too much to heart.

Everybody comments on a baby's size, whether it be "oooh aren't they tiny" or "wow he's a big un"....I bet you've done it and nobody means your baby is "fat"....they're just making observations about your new bubs.

I used to hate people saying "ohh, hasn't she got a tight grip":saywhat::dohh: WTF....it's a reflux you muppet, of course she has a tight grip:wacko:
Now I realise that people just feel they have to say something about baby...."haven't they got a strong neck" is another:winkwink:

I'd get used to it as they'll always come out with crackers like that:ignore:

Thanks girls - nah I'm not being paranoid this lot are just smartarses they're like that all the time - you know the saying 'if you haven't anything nice to say don't say anything at all' - well his family never heard of that. I think it's also probably cos I'm overweight myself they're prob thinking he going to turn out like me...

I'm also fuming cos he just rang his mum (who he doesn't see due to a family rift) to give his consolations on the death of her OH's friend and she never once even asked about the baby, even when he came in while on the phone and asked me had JJ finished his feed. I could tell he was DYING for her to ask so he could tell her all about his pride n joy but no nothing. So he started to tell her bits about him and she showed no interest. She didn't even send him a gift (not that I'd expect gifts) and she got her daughter to pick up a card for us couldn't even be arsed todo that!! It was her who made the remark on LO weight when Jason told her he's 2 weeks old n now 10pound she said he's huge n want to watch that or words to that effect. Jason joked that we'll get the little one to Wii Fit his ass lol. I lost it said 'he was overdue ffs thats y he was born big'

Ah well kid is better off without her IMO she only seems to have one grandchild and ignores the rest so I don't want my little JJ growing up feeling left out...

Thanks for the hugs xxx

Grrrrrrrrrr:growlmad: families eh?

:hugs::kiss:

:hugs:

:ignore:

You cant win hun coz you can be damn sure if you had a petite baby you'd be getting told to put him on the bottle because your BM isnt good enough.

:finger: to them I say x

aww i totally understand hun, im in a very similar situation, my LO was 7lbs 13oz when he was born and now at 8 weeks he is 13lbs, quite chubby I must admit and is the only one that has been breastfed in the family as well, and they keep indicating to me that he is fat and i feed him a lot and stuff.. how can you overfeed in breastfeeding!!

grrr!! anyway i hope you feel better now, people have to remember noone can think of our babies more than we do.. xx

Thanks everyone xxx

MervsMum you're right - although I'm already getting asked by ppl how can I BF when I don't know how much he's getting - erm well he looks to be getting plenty lol

Flutterby too right it's impossible to overfeed on BM - also I read that BF can prevent obesity in later life. Hmmm maybe I should mention that to OH sis when she starts saying JJ is fat - her kids eat nothing but pasties, fried food and junk all day. At least we're feeding our LO's the best stuff there is

Just grin proudly and say 'hell yes he is, on MY milk alone! I have put every single ounce on that boy with my hard work!"

Good idea Samantha xxx I am so proud that he's being fed and nourished by ME alone no formula - they just took the good out of it a bit. Going to tell them to mind their own business in future

My MW said that her daughter was 33 lbs at 12 months, she was HUGE, but she was also a BF'd baby, so she didn't worry. She said people were down right rude about her daughters size, so she would just look at them and so she was 'hearty'! I loved that response. I grin like a look anytime people comment on Brenn's chub because I know I am the one who put it there!

hey hun, just thought id let you know, my youngest brother was born 10pound something, and was the chubbiest cutest little breastfed baby. Hes now 18, very slim, toned and athletic. You would never imagine that he was once a lil chubster.

My LO is getting quite chubby too and i love it! I think thats the best thing about breastfeeding - that you cant overfeed them! I love that if hes upset, i can put him to the breast for a minute or two and everything is ok again! I actually go to the clinic where they weigh him every two weeks, hoping that hes put on heaps of weight! it makes me feel great when the nurses tell me how great i am for still breastfeeding and that he looks so chubby and healthy! My mum actually counts the fat rolls on his legs and says to him "yep, your mama has good milk! lol"

ugh i totally hear ya on this one!!
Ruby was only 6lb when she was born, and i got so fed up with all the comments about how tiny she was, now shes romping along and is almost 11lb, and im sick of hearing MIL tell her she needs to go on a diet. SHES 6 WEEKS OLD FFS!!!!!

Got him weighed today by midwife again and he's now 10pound 8ounces OMGGGG lol he's only 15days old!! She said though that he's not overweight he's just thriving so roll on the smart remarks now from OH family - I'm ready for them lol:finger::gun:

ugh i totally hear ya on this one!!
Ruby was only 6lb when she was born, and i got so fed up with all the comments about how tiny she was, now shes romping along and is almost 11lb, and im sick of hearing MIL tell her she needs to go on a diet. SHES 6 WEEKS OLD FFS!!!!!

MIL's should all be sent off to an island somewhere lol don't mind her hun your LO is thriving xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->