Cant believe my doctors!!

buddie86

Reaction score
I had my angel Ryan 5 weeks ago today, the week after I had him I felt a bit weird so went to doc's to talk about getting PG again and why I didn't feel right. I asked if they could take bloods to check hormones and to see if I was anemic (sp)
They said I wasn't anemic, blah blah.
So I went again last week as I felt constantly dizzy and nauseas. They fobbed me off again. Then I went this Monday, the nurse finally did take blood.
My results came back yesterday... My iron level is 9.6!! She said it does vary but average is 50-150!! So I was very very low.!

So maybe if they listened to me 4 weeks ago I wouldn't be this bad :growlmad::growlmad:
Now I have to take iron tablets for a min of 3 bloody months! :growlmad::growlmad:

Would they affect my chances of TTC this month?

Sorry for the moan xxx:flower::flower:

why do doors ever blooming listen?!?! grrrrr I'm sorry you had to go through this hon. :hugs: I really dont have a clue about any affect it may have on you TTC fingers crossed it has none!

Sorry you're going through this, some doctors are absolutely useless! :hugs: x

I am glad you stood up for yourself and kept pestering them!!!! I hope you start feeling better soon... I am not sure how it will affect getting pregnant. Do you know when you will be ovulating next?

Im so bloody annoyed with them, they have shown no support for me like I thought they would, the nurse kept telling me not to be silly and PG again quick!! I said live in my life a day!
Hopefully they'll bring my levels up quick, they prescribe these certain pills Ferrous Sulphate for pregnant women so Im OK there

xxx

I don't think iron tablets would affect ttc - in fact improving your iron levels will only help and when you do get your bfp it is vital to supporting your pregnancy :flower:

hx

That is horrible. I see this all the time - docs looking past their patient's gut feelings about things. Good for you for taking a stand.

omg that is so bad, why are doctors so rubbish sometimes!!

Different places measure it in different levels. If they said 9.6 and average of 50-150 then your levels are 96. Our hospital said after Isabella my levels were 9.4 and they should be over 10. Yet when someone else spoke to me they said my levels were 94 and should be over 100 so it depends who you speak to.

I hope that makes sense. Yours is 9.6 so you are anaemic being under the 10 but not seriously so. I hope you feel better soon. xxxx

I've had a similar experience, for almost a year i've been going to the docs saying that something was up with me..had a mc in nov and have just now convinced doc to send me for a scan which came back with PCO!! I was furious, maybe if they'd listened to me a year ago i wouldn't be in the position I am now! Good for you for pushing them, I think in this day and age we have to to get anything xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->