Can't cope with these side effects of clomid

I'm not sure of the brand. I have been to get a frer today but could only find the rapid result ones and they are 50miu :( managed to get some asda ones which are 25miu and it's a bfn so I'm hoping I've just not held my pee for long enough. Going to hold off testing now till tomorrow AM with fmu so fingers crossed I get a line :) I swear I'm not early testing again! AF isn't due till tomorrow and I've done about 20 tests already! I'm so annoyed with myself! :(

Bella: I'm sorry. But I'm with you on using so many tests testing early. You buy enough tests to last 6 months and use them up in 4 days :wacko:

I have been so determined not to do it this cycle. So much till keep forgetting I have tests in my draw to use. I keep saying I'm not ordering any tests this time around...lol then remember 'oh wait, I have tons left still'.

Rapid Response FRER are not very sensitive at all so don't blame you for not getting them. I have some cheapie hpts , a few wondfos and one regular frer. I am not suppose to test till the 16th but by 9dpo and 10dpo I will. Normally I snap and start testing at 6dpo :blush:...has led to so many bfns and loss of money.

Well, I'll keep a look out for your next test. Praying for a clear bfp HUGS

This TTC lark is an absolute nightmare isn't it! I've got 3 tests left and I'm just going to do one tomorrow and if it's negative I'll wait a few days. I'm hoping that the one I did at 5pm was negative because it was only a 2.5 hour hold and the test wasn't super sensitive. AF should be due tomorrow so I should get an okay ish line tomorrow with fmu right?

Oh wow 6dpo! What are we like? Good luck trying to hold out till the 16th. If you do your a stronger woman than me :)

I never got anywhere early testing, I reckon I could maaaaybe have gotten an early BFP with a FRER...I tested CD28 this time around with a standard Tesco test and it was a reeeally faint BFP, like 'barely visible-Evap' territory. I always thought that with Clomid I'd have a definite answer by CD28 but it's not the case! Hope both of you get your BFPs soon, FX!

(I didn't like the Tesco tests at all, they are blue dye and always fairly faint even a week after AF due. The Asda early ones are okay, not as good as FRER for earlier testing though.)

Thanks Chrissie. I'm on cd30 today and af is due tomorrow. Really hoping the witch stays away but I know it could go either way.

I've never tried the tesco tests. The asda ones I have aren't the early detection ones. I was trying to find the sensitive frers but can't seem to find them anywhere:(

I could only find any in Boots last I looked - I tried all of the supermarkets in my town and they were all sold out 🤔

I might head to boots in a couple of days if AF still hasn't shown.

Did a test with fmu and it was BFN so pretty sure AF will be on the way. Think I'd have a blaring positive by now if I was pregnant. I'm 14dpo.. 13dpo at a push.

I've decided to take a break from Clomid for a while. I have anxiety about taking it again this month:(

Bella: I'm sorry HUGS. I didn't take Clomid this cycle and it show with my temps and ovulation pain. But I'm ok with it all. I feel better not taking it unless I'm doing an IUI.

Well, if this isn't your bfp cycle I hope AF gets here quick. My cycles wouldn't end till 16 or 17dpo.

Thanks FTale. I think a break from the Clomid will do me good. I just hope it doesn't affect my cycles too badly if I stop it for a month or so and then start taking it again for the final 3 months.

I knew ttc was going to be stressful but it really is taking the piss now :(

Thanks FTale. I think a break from the Clomid will do me good. I just hope it doesn't affect my cycles too badly if I stop it for a month or so and then start taking it again for the final 3 months.

I knew ttc was going to be stressful but it really is taking the piss now :(

Bella do you get sore areolas/nipples around ovulation time? I'm trying to figure out if I'm having an estrogen dominance issue. I read that if it hurts on the front of your bbs and nipples it is probably estrogen. If it is, the issue my prolactin level might be the blame and you don't ovulate with high prolactin levels.

I'm so bumbed right now.

They don't get sore as such. I'd say more sensitive than sore x

Just jumping in here because I just started taking clomid for the first cycle. I am 17cd and normally i ovulate on cd13/14. Did you find that your cycles are longer now that you are on clomid? I am spotting too. Did you get ovulation spotting on clomid?

I am not sure if I have had any other side effects. I did have headaches and am now just realizing it could be from the clomid.

Also, wanted to let you know that I have been on progesterone for at least six months now where I take it three days after ovulation and was originally told to take for ten days unless AF comes earlier. I just went back to the dr and he advised that studies have shown it is better to take progesterone up until you get AF and not stop at 10 days. Hope this helps!

I found my cycles were shorter on Clomid but because i have PCOS my natural cycles vary and can be quite long. On Clomid my cycles were average 31 days and I had a positive OPK on cd16 on my June cycle.

I am on a break from it this month as it was getting too much with all the side effects. Not had any side effects this cycle but I know my chances of ovulating naturally are extremely low so I'm not expecting a bfp this month.

I didn't get any spotting but did get af type cramps quite a lot. I have never been advised to take progesterone x

Yeah, I've been on break for 2 cycles. No clomid and my temps show it. However, the side effects of Clomid really made me question if it was right for me or not.

I want to try some thing else but have to see the doctor to make sure everything else is okay before I start poking at my ovaries again.

FX for you two to get a bfp this month!!!

Yeah I'm unsure if I'll go back on the Clomid. The way i felt when I last took it was awful and I never want to feel like that again.

The fertility clinic said there is an alternative to Clomid that I can try but I will have to start again from the beginning.

For now I'm just happy as I am. Not stressing and symptom spotting constantly. Ttc was taking over my life :(

Just going to take the next few months as they come and not put myself under so much pressure.

Good luck to you both :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->