Cant express emotions after M/C to people

Twinkl3

DD - 2014 ♡ DS - 2018
Reaction score
Thank you all for reading, I thought I would do some writing to get some emotions and worries off my chest.

I am not the most open person to people close to me and keep everything welled up, so my emotions have never really been shown after having the M/C back in March. I've cried - but on my own, generally in the shower or who the OH is out so he can't see me or my weakness - Sad I know.

This may confuse you but I am going to be writing this to my little Angel to express how I felt when they grew their wings and flew away (Hope you don't mind).

What a surprise it was when we found out you was making an appearance in mummy's tummy, we didnt expect you to be arriving so soon as I was told it would be difficult to find you and may take some attempts but there you was plain as day growing inside me, we found out on the 05/03/11 and calculated that you was conceived on 14/02/11 - Our very own cherub :cloud9: Once we had you confirmed at the doctors I had never felt so protective over anything in my whole life. Any knocks and bumps I'd rub my tummy in secret to reasure you that you was going to be okay, I would talk to you when I was in the bath to let you know that we loved you very much - Despite you only being a few weeks old I thought it was important for me to tell you that you was loved so much.
Me and Daddy had even picked out your name and oggled at cute little outfits when shopping wondering what things we would wrap you up in. I invested in all Baby magazines as I was prepared to do everything right for you, I had stopped drinking, smoking and ate healthy so you got all the benifits from what I consumed. We nicknamed you our little "Squibo" as it was a better name than calling you an "it" all the time, every morning Daddy would kiss my tummy wishing you "Good Morning" and telling you how much he loved and couldnt wait to see you - You was going to be a great birthday present as you was due the day before his birthday (07-11-11).

Then my world crashed around me, my heart began to cry as I realised what was happening ... My little cherrub was gaining it's wings to fly away :cry:
Daddy was frightened, I have never seen him so concerned and he even tried to give you a stern talking to. I panicked but did not show how upset, emotional, frightened, scared and how much of a failure that I was to have let you down. As I arrived at the hospital and they tried to find your heartbeat it wasnt there, you had aleady flow away you was 8wks old.
Despite all this sadness and anger that builds up inside me when I think of you being taken away I also think about how happy you made me, how you have shown me hope and I want to thank you for giving me a chance to be your mummy. You will always be here in my heart and I will never forget you ... We are planning on Releasing a lantern for you on the day you was to be born and we will send and always send many angel kissed to you my sweet angel. I love you forever and always - May you look down on us :angel:
On the 06/05/11 I was given the all clear meaning you had left me for good :( However I hope to meet you again, where mummy will be waiting with open arms for you. :hugs:

I know it may seem a bit silly writing like that but it helps :) ... Me and the OH are now TTC and I've never worried so much in my life, I am in two minds one: I worry that it will happen again but on the other hand I know that I could cope somewhat if it happened again.

How long did it take you ladies to conceive after a M/C?

** P.S - Realllly sorry for the long ramble lol **

:hugs:

How sweet, you brought tears to my eyes. I bet it felt better to get all that emotion out there. It really isn't a weakness to show your feelings but I know I sometimes have difficulty in doing that too and tend to bottle things up inside. Even if it is just writing things down its like therapy to release those thoughts from your mind, let them be out there and to be free of them.

I want to reassure you that there is nothing you could have done to prevent the miscarriage, you did nothing but love that little one from the moment you found out. Some things in life are not meant to be and as hard as it is to accept when its something or someone you love death is a part of life but it is not the end. We carry on with our loved ones in our hearts and we will meet again one day.

Be kind to yourself and be strong, you will get through this and get your baby one day soon :hugs:

What a beautiful letter to your angel! I'm so sorry you went through that. I, too, have spent lots of times in the bath crying my eyes out so no one else knew what was going on. I don't want my LOs to get worried because I'm sad. I hope you and OH get your forever baby as soon as possible!

What a beautiful letter and tribute. I've been weepy lately and this totally got me. You are very brave to share those feelings and I'm so glad you did. I hope it was cathartic for you :) Smiles and peace to you and your family.

:cry: Absolutely beautiful and so touching. i am so very deeply sorry for your loss :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

What a lovely letter, putting into words the feelings so many of us have felt or are currently going through :hugs:

I hope writing this letter is a turning point for you. We never forget our angels, but hopefully can work through our feelings enough to want to try again. Good luck sweetie xo

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:So touching.....I'm glad you could put those feelings out there.

Thank you to all that have replied :)

Yes, it was a lot better to get it all out there - to let it all off my chest, sorry for the massive ramble.

I seem to somehow have gotten my keyboard all wet...I need a kleenex. That was such a beautiful letter to your angel...so touching. I hope you save it and put it in a scrapbook or a memory box.
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Thank you Ladykate1980,

No I never thought of doing that to be honest, but it sounds like a good idea :)

:hugs:

It's very healing, really. I made a scrapbook for our first loss and included everything I had from my pregnancy including receipts from doctor visits or my fortune from my fortune cookie when we had chinese food.
My husband wrote the baby a letter and its in there as well. It's surprising how the little things can help validate your little one's existence. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->