Can't find fundus?

BabyForMe83

Mummy to 1
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm 15 weeks today with baby #2.
For all my prodding and poking I can't find my fundus.
Everything I've read says baby should be moving up out of pelvic area slightly by now. And I remember with DD I was able to feel that hard area just above my pelvic bone at 12 weeks...
Did anyone have a slow riser? I also have an anterior placenta so not feeling any flutters or anything yet...

Are you sure it's not higher than you think? I'd been worrying about the same thing until I found it a lot higher than I expected! It's about an inch or so below my belly button already!

To be honest....Im a student midwife and can palpate anyone elses but just cannot feel my own! And Im 23 weeks.

Maybe yours is slightly retroverted...might make it more difficult to feel

Thanks to you both - your probably right! Plus I have a layer of chubb that I didn't have the first time around! I have my 16 week midwife appointment on Monday so hopefully I can allay my fears. I'm too scared of the spiders in my garage to go and dig out my doppler!

Thanks to you both - your probably right! Plus I have a layer of chubb that I didn't have the first time around! I have my 16 week midwife appointment on Monday so hopefully I can allay my fears. I'm too scared of the spiders in my garage to go and dig out my doppler!

Midwife will be able to find it! I think it is more tricky to do it on yourself. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->