cant get pregnant after a chemical pregnancy? need help and advise

Taima

Reaction score
Hey ladies,
I am in my early 20s and I'm ttc my first. I got pregnant on the first month but sadly ended as a chemical pregnancy very shortly. Ever since that month I can't seem to conceive again. I have 32-35 day cycles. My hubby has excellent SA. I don't understand why its not happening anymore. I'm so afraid and upset. I feel like my whole life revolves around ttc now. I have tears in my eyes every time I see something baby related on TV or talk about ttc related stuff. I'm even stressing my hubby out. He also really wants to have a baby soon.

Please dont read and run. If you have went through this, are going through it currently, or know someone please let me know. I wish to hear some success stories, suggestions and advise...

Thanks for taking the time to read... share your story with me.

I'm sorry you're having a rough time of it and sorry for your loss. You don't say how long you've been trying but it's very normal for it to take time because there's such a small window for it to happen in each cycle.

Saying that - i'm not really in a position to advise because i've only just moved over here from wtt. We'll be trying for #1 so i have no experience whatsoever, but just wanted to wish you good luck and hope you get your bfp soon! :dust:

Thanks :) I have been ttc for 6 months with a 4 month break between cycle 3 and 4. I know its not a whole lot but its stressful because it happened once and its not happening again. Makes me think of theres something wrong with me.

Welcome to the ttc section. I hope you have an easy time conceiving and get bfp soon. I'm also trying for my 1st.

Good luck :)

hey ,

i didnt want to read and run , ill give you little bit of back info on me and hopefully it will help you , im mum of two boys aged 9 and 5 ,im also angel mummy two others ,my first angel baby was concieved before my first born unforunatly it wasnt meant to be and i miscarried at 6 weeks pregnant , i wasnt trying for baby when this happened but was emotionally mentally physically exchausting i had this confirmed by scan .
my first born was concieved roughly 6 months later again not planned i was only 17 when he was born ., he was extremly poorly i nearly lost him on mroe than one occassion.
my second angel baby was concieved and again i misccarried approx 6-7 weeks pregnant planned and very much wanted but for whatever reason grew there angel wings , i then decided emotionally physically and mentally i needed to wait and give myself some time to grieve before trying again i went to on to depo injection for approx a year ,unforunatly i wasnt so lucky in being blessed with easy conception it took me and my partner 4 years to concieve our second child , i know how devasting it is to firstly lose a child and then fill like it never going to happen and everyone around you announcing theyre going to be parents and you put more stress worry on yourself why isnt it happening what am i or we doing wrong ? is it ever going to happen for us ? it will hun i never thought i was going to be able to have children after losing my two angel babies and then taking whole 4 years of attc for our secondchild i believed it wasnt going to happen . are you taking a vitamins to help ? how often are you doing the deed to much actually weakens the sperm and amount released so making chances that bit little less in that tiny window we have to fall pregnant .

if you ever want to just vent ,feel free to message me , but please dont worry it will happen when you least expect it to ,6 months with 4 month break although it feels forever is short time , im hoping me sharing my story is that success story your looking for dont give up hope

baby dust and best wishes

Hi there, so sorry for your loss. I know you were only pregnant for a short time, but I understand the devestation you feel. It's not that you have lost a short pregnancy, but that you have lost all the hopes and dreams you had for that pregnancy and a future that you had dreamed off. I know that is how I felt when I had my chemical.

We got a BFP our first month of trying and I couldnt believe our luck. I was so excited and although I was only pregnant (to my knowledge) for two days, I was gutted when AF arrived.

That was August 2011 and after that chemical although we were still trying, my mum got sick and had to have an operation etc and my mind really was elsewhere. We started TTC again properly in September (although we had been sort of TTC in between, my head wasnt in it) and got our sticky BFP in October and he is now our wonderful 3 year old boy and my mum got the all clear and all worked out amazing for us.

I am on the site because we are now TTC #2 but wanted to reassure you that after a chemical, it can happen. I really hope and pray for you that you get your sticky BFP soon. If I have one bit of advice though, when you do get another BFP, try to enjoy it. My chemical totally wrecked my head and I was constantly waiting for something to go wrong, so much so that I forgot to enjoy being pregnant. Easier said than done, I know.

Hi friend! so sorry to hear your still TTC, I understand your pain. going on 7 years of trying for us after a lucky first cycle BFP that turned chemical. :hugs:

Keep your chin up :) My friend had a chemical then immediately conceived her second child the next cycle. So yes it can happen. Try your bed not to stress because that can throw off your hormones. I'd recommend temping BBT and using OPK. BBT can tell you when you've ovulated after a temp shift and a 3 day elevated temp rise. OPK tell you when you're about to surge and when youre extremely close to ovulation. Timing is important. Track you're CM and when it gets fertile(watery or EWCM) it's time to start BD every other day until you either get a temp shift(with a 3 day elevated temp) or pos OPK. (HUGS) :)

Hey ladies.. thanks to you all for your encouragement and sharing your success story. They really helped me to calm down a few days ago.

Around 6-7 dpo I got sick and went to the hospital and they did betaHCG test and they said I wasn't pregnant... that's when I was really upset and wrote this thread. I was beginning to relax and let things go and stop obsessing about ttc. .. thinking how I can relax for next month...

And this morning at 14 dpo I randomly decide to test and I was shocked to see a clear :bfp: on an Internet cheapie within less than a minute... I just wanted to prove to myself I wasn't pregnant instead of waiting for AF. Took a first step after that and also :bfp:

Wow, that is amazing, I'm so happy for you. Congrats!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->