Can't get something a 'psychic' once said out my head - please don't think I am nuts

shirlls

Reaction score
I have been wanting to write this post for a while however felt too embarrassed as I know some of you will think I am crazy.

I have an open mind to psychics but I do believe that many just talk rubbish and make it up. Many years ago I got a palm reading done in Blackpool when on holiday, and something she said has always stuck with me. She told me I was going to have three children however I was only going to bring up two. It freaked me out at the time and I was angry at her saying something as horrible as that.

However I only ever planned to have two children so I put it out my mind and didn't worry about it. I am now pregnant for the second time and it is twins! So as you can imagine, that woman's words are going round in my head and it is really starting to bother me what she said.

In all honesty I can't actually remember much else about the reading and whether or not it came true, so I am assuming it was probably rubbish as you'd always remember a reading which was eerily accurate. Another thing which reassures me is I questioned her about it and asked if it wuld be miscarriage, stillbirth, SIDS, etc and she couldn't answer, and when I asked her what child I'd lose she said the third one but sounded like she was panicking at my questions. I've had 4 miscarriages which she never mentioned, nor did she say anything about twins, so all in all, I think she was just a fake. But it still is bugging me, as she was right about me having three children...

I am also angry, at myself for getting a stupid palm reading in the first place, and also at her for telling me that!

Maybe that is because two will be very dependant and just won't need your help as much as the third, who will be very independent? That way you are raising all three but bringing up two? Maybe they might need more guidance?

Just trying to help! It would scare me too and if she was a fakethat is an awful thing to say to someone!

Take that with a grain of salt dear. I understand some people believe in those with "psychic" powers. Maybe someone who believes in it will chime in. Just didn't want to read and run.

Even if it is true psychics aren't allowed to tell you that kind of thing.

to be honest hun it was so long ago your life path could have changed. Id get another done. I have had a few readings done and 1 lady was spot on with my conception and i went back to her for more details. although hoping shes wrong this time round ;) xx

Even if what she said was true, maybe it's that she saw the twins as 'one' so misread her 'visions'. I have a friend who is psychic and she often sees twin pregnancies and twin babies as one, if you see what I mean. Hope that reassures you anyway...

I'm sorry that you are stressing.... Quite frankly even if that was true, what an awful thing to predict for someone, and cast a shadow over their life!

Whatever will be will be, and worrying about it won't change it. Try and enjoy your twins, it sounds an incredible blessing.

I personally don't believe in psychics, but I understand why some people do.
Maybe the only way to get it out of your head is to go see another one?

My husband was told that he'd have twins and that hasn't happened! I'd take most readings with a large pinch of salt!

I do kinda believe in psychics, but I honestly believe there are a few out there with a gift, and the rest have LEARNED to read palms, read cards, say the right stuff that sounds good etc. I have had my palm read a few times and been to psychic readings 4 times. I also had a friend who would read tarot cards for me all the time as he had taken a class to do so. One of my psychic readings was very accurate, and the rest were total crap. The one that was accurate was not even an advertised psychic. He was the high priest of a Wiccan coven in new orleans and I had met someone who was part of the coven and he got me in with him. So I do believe some out there have a gift, but most don't and it's just for fun. A psychic told my grandmother she was going to die at 75 (really nice huh?) and my grandmother totally believed it. I'm surprised it didn't come true simply because she set her mind on it. She lived to almost 90. Don't worry about a thing an congrats on your twins!!!

Maybe she meant you were only going to have two pregnancies? I hope so xxx

A psychic told me I'd have a daughter first, be married at 21 and be a teacher.

I'm 23 with two boys and I'm not married, I'm a sales assistant :haha:

I was told id have a girl in autumn 2014, I had a mmc early this year and any future baby would now be due feb 2015 or after.
They aren't always right even if they are reputable.
Xx

It's impossible to predict something so far away. Readings that go further than 9 months to a year, aren't reliable at all. I say this because I read tarot cards and I was taught by a very skilled tarot reader. It's not possible to predict something so further along, because things change all the time in your life. And even in a normal reading, the predictions are only likely to happen, but no one can be really sure they will. It's usually just the most probable thing to happen if you continue your life the way you do, in the next 9 months to a year. Don't worry about that :)

I wouldnt stress about it. You said you had 4 MC? She didnt bring that up, so to me, she sounds a bit iffy.

Dont stress. Enjoy your twins! :)

I believe in them but only a select few. They have to tell me some crazy things to make me believe.

I wouldn't worry if she never said anything about the other personal details. That is a sure sign she is not all that she seemed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->