Can't get thru to midwife- who to ring?

stargazer

Mummy & pregnant
Reaction score
So long story short, my BP has decided to go high at 36 weeks. I'm 37+1 at the moment. Last midwife apt my BP was 130/90 which came down to 130/85. Not too high but she wanted me to get it checked with the nurse weekly to monitor it. Well today it was 126/96 and the nurse said it was normal, but I know in my last pregnancy everytime the bottom number went over 90 I had to go to the Day assessment unit to be monitored. It always came down and no protein etc, but I'm still worried. Tried ringing midwife but surprise surprise, only answerphone. Who else can I ring to check the figures are actually ok? Day assessment, antenatal unit????

Thanks girls x

I would give the antenatal unit a call, if they can't tell you anything then they'll know who can.
I can never reach my midwife either!

I'd ring the day assessment unit as they might have some guidance in what's normal or not given your history.

It's the same with my midwife. I've rang the number for the office but only ever get answer phone and never get a call back. I once asked at an appointment who I ring if I actually need to speak to someone and she told me I should ring the labour ward. Which is stupid for minor things.

I'm a little bit envious of women who have mobile numbers for their midwives

I'd ring the day assessment unit as they might have some guidance in what's normal or not given your history.

It's the same with my midwife. I've rang the number for the office but only ever get answer phone and never get a call back. I once asked at an appointment who I ring if I actually need to speak to someone and she told me I should ring the labour ward. Which is stupid for minor things.

I'm a little bit envious of women who have mobile numbers for their midwives

I wouldnt be. I have one for mine (even though im not even sure who my midwife is as ive seen 5 different ones since my booking appt) and ive not been able to get through

In my notes it says to ring labour ward with any concerns. Im sure even though you think its minor you could still ring them...even just for advise. Is there anyone at your gp surgery who could help?

Thanks everyone. Ended up ringing antenatal unit, who put me thru to delivery suite, who then put me through to ward 31 which is where they induce an monitor etc. they were very helpful. Was told to go in to be monitored as bp was a little high. Very glad I rang as BP was v.high and as I had the same with my son they said I'm high risk and want to induce me at 38+2 (next sat!!!) Ahhhhh!! Scared but thankful they are doing the best for us both. Now to read up on inductions and how to prepare my body! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->