Can't go to the bathroom

Littlebear11

Reaction score
I always hear near the end of pregnancy you get loose stools but in my case I'm backed right up! It's super painful. I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow and I feel like if I continue being backed up I'll end up pooping while pushing and I really don't want that happening. Has this happened to anyone else?

Can you try eating some more fruit and veg to help things along? Also when my kids are a bit backed up I give them syrup of fig which is a natural and very gentle laxative. As for pooping when pushing. I'm afraid that is one one of the things that happen to most women whether you are backed up or not. But don't worry as the doctors and midwives see it every day and really aren't bothered. They won't even tell you and by that point you won't even care! Xx

Smoothies are good to get things going . Or get a gentle laxative from your Dr .

I had this in my second trimester. Ended up needing an emergency doctors appointment because i got impacted and was in agony, sorry tmi:blush: got given a couple of suppositories that really helped (again, sorry tmi:blush:) and a stool softener to use for after. The doctor said not to add more fibre to my diet as it would just make the constipation worse until it was sorted out. Hope your feeling better soon!

Prunes always sort me right out! V common at this stage, loads of water and fruit and veg. I was given dulcolax last time but go easy on it, I took the recommended dose but gave me terrible diarrhoea so I would start with 1/2 dose x

Yeah I would go for a stool softener (ie Lactulose), it’s gentle but effective and will help clear the backed-up-ness - you could give your doc/midwife a quick call to check and to ask if they think a suppository would be a good idea too?

I use glycerin suppositories, they're perfectly safe in pregnancy as it's just glycerin and it's only in for about ten minutes tops if you know what I mean haha! Whenever I get backed up I use one of those combined with adding extra fruit and veg/weetabix/hot drinks (they help me go personally) but diet change alone won't do it if you're really backed up because you're just piling more up above the blockage x

Prunes are very good for constipation. Prune juice used to help my daughter a lot. I hope that it gets better soon, it must be so uncomfortable :hugs:

I am a bit like this as well now and in order to keep me fairly regular i have a bowl of bran flakes in the morning and a snack of raisins at some point in the day. It seems to be working so far but i have definitely hear about prunes being good to clear you out too!

I remember with Erin they had to syringe something to clear me out and the next day I was in labour!

I use enemas with plain distilled water at the end of pregnancy. Some say it could start up labor, but it certainly hasn't with me, and I use them every so often all the way through but much more often at the end because I get so constipated. I'm not a doctor, but my doctor has okayed it.

Fybogel and a big cup of black coffee. And then prunes and porridge daily. It's made such a difference for me. I also have piles, so much more comfortable as well.

FIRst thing to do is check your diet. More fruit and veg, less processed stuff, more water, coffee as pp said. Exercise also helps, so get out for a walk.

I've been able to get a bit out but still feel really backed up :( I went out and bought a fruit tray and strawberry yogurt. Hopefully these will help me if not I have an appointment on Thursday so I'll ask my doctor about a stool softener. Maybe I'll get one anyways so this doesn't happen again.

Hey Littlebear, definitely get a stool softener from the doctor - Lactulose (or whatever the name is in your country) is safe in pregnancy. It will give relief so you can get back to moderating things with diet only. Honestly that stuff is a gamechanger.

I'm glad you managed to get some out. I hope that your doctor can help :hugs:

I've been able to get a bit out but still feel really backed up :( I went out and bought a fruit tray and strawberry yogurt. Hopefully these will help me if not I have an appointment on Thursday so I'll ask my doctor about a stool softener. Maybe I'll get one anyways so this doesn't happen again.

Bananas are good for helping things along . If you can have bran flakes with soya milk and banana and a cup of coffee . Chunky vegetable soup . Some green salads if you can stomach them ! Lots and lots of water . Aim for at least a 30 min walk every day . :hugs::hugs: . Fybogel is a husk drink that's not unpleasant to drink and gives gentle relief. I found lactulose sickly and instead I got an upset tummy and was still blocked up behind the diarrhoea (sorry tmi :blush:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->