Can't handle what my husband just told me

Darlin65

Married with a Munchkin
Reaction score
He said he doesn't want this baby. After trying and all we've gone through with our secondary infertility I thought this baby was going to be a blessing. Guess he thinks otherwise. I've been let down by a lot of people lately. Didn't think I'd have to add him to the list. :cry: we weren't even trying this month because I needed a breather from all the heartbreak lately.

I'm so sorry! :( Wow, I'm not even sure what to say to that. Did he give you a reason for feeling that way? Hugs hun!

:-( I am so sorry! That's a terrible thing to hear!!
However, if it makes you feel any better, I had a friend recently have her husband tell her the same thing, simply because they have had difficulty conceiving and instead of getting excited and possibly getting his hopes up, he would make comments such as that. She is in her second trimester now and he is absolutely thrilled!! I'm sure as time goes on, his mind will change and he will be happy :) Men can be difficult creatures sometimes!! I hope it gets better!!:hugs:

Oh that must be so upsetting. It's early days yet so he's probably just a bit in shock. I notice you had a loss a few months ago, perhaps he's scared of that happening again. People can react in very strange ways to life changing events, I would suspect he's most likely going to come around in a few days. If not talk to him again and both keep sharing your feelings. Good luck.

I'm sorry Hun, maybe he's feeling weird about the pregnancy abit shocked even, I know both me and my oh we're very up and down about our 2nd pregnancy, our feelings and emotions were all over the place thing is we were discussing starting to try for a 2nd aswell but when it happened we both got cold feet. I spent first trimester feeling I didn't want this baby and when I told my oh how I felt he admitted he felt the same, after the 12 week scan though a switch flicked inside and I went from not wanting this baby to loving it! We're both now very happy and excited to meet our little man :) hopefully your oh is just getting cold feet and he comes around to the pregnancy soon xxx

Do you think its just shock? My DH doesn't handle me being pregnant either, he hates me pregnant :p

He thinks I've ruined our lives. He says there's no way we can handle 2 at the same time and began to tell how horrible of a person, wife and mother I am already with just one. He didn't come to bed last night, he slept downstairs. He's never done that. He didn't help with LO at all even tho he had the baby monitor. He wa on the couch but when we came down this mining he was gone. I think he's in the downstairs room because his pillows are gone.

Wow! I have no words. What triggered this?

I do wonder if he was hoping I'd miscarry because this all started when I showed him the other test and explained its good that its getting darker.

It's so weird after we've had so many problems preventing this that he goes crazy like this. I don't get it. This has been a hard month because August 17th was our edd for our angel. Idk how he doesn't see this as a blessing.

So no argument or anything? He just walked in and blurted it out?

I was trying to talk to him. I was showing him things on Pinterest because I've been learning how to sew by making baby things. Sil had a boy in may and other sil is having a girl next month. I've been trying to get good enough to make gifts. He barely looked over, said yeah and went back to his phone. This is how he's been ever since the night I told him. He's so disconnected. I got upset and went upstairs. He followed me. Asked me what was wrong and I said he was being a jerk/being mean to me. That's when he started.

Jeez, he sounds like he needs a solid dose of grow the F up!

He's still giving me the silent treatment. He's hanging out upstairs for some reason ever since I came up here. He's in the loft while I'm in the bedroom. DS is napping. Idk what to do. I'm supposed to go to my moms later. I want to cancel so bad but I know she's dying to see DS.

Tell him your having this baby weather he wants it or not. If he doesnt then he is to move out. Sorry to hear he has said this to you. x

He isn't asking me to terminate just so every one understands. I think some have came to that conclusion and that's not what this post is about at all.

Then tell him to start treating you with a bit of respect or he can leave your family home. He can't pick and choose which child he wants to be involved with. Tell him you take all three of you as a package or none of you at all.

Keep strong mumma x

I'm a SAHM so I can't exactly tell him to leave. I don't have anything financially of my own except my car. I can't go to family either because they have no clue about this pregnancy.

Then it may not be a bad idea to tell them so you can have their support during this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->