Can't handle what my husband just told me

Wow, that is a lot to take in. I'm so sorry he's treating you like this. Is this something you'd expect of him (if you're really truly honest with yourself) or is it completely out of character? Not that that would excuse anything, but could it be that he hasn't got over your loss? I don't know your story but from what you said here it sounds like all three of your pregnancies were very much planned and wanted? Or has he been less on board with the idea of another than you?
Could he be struggling with the thought of "replacing" the baby you lost? I'm sorry if this is too direct, it's just that I know that people go through all sorts of difficulties after a miscarriage and my hunch would be that he's not dealt with his grief.
If he's normally a loving and respectful husband and father, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and try to talk to him about how he feels. If he really is the jerk he sounds like by your original post, then by all means stand up for yourself and tell him where to go. You'll manage with him or without.

I do think you need to tell someone else, either family or friends, so you have support in case it takes him a while to come around.
:hugs:

Oh, goodness! I'm so sorry you had to hear that. Keep talking to him about how you feel... maybe he'll come around and/or let you know why he feels the way he does.

:hugs: his being really mean. Is he scared? i mean 2 under 2s is a scary thought. trust me ill have 2 under 2s any day now and pregnancy is v tough.

are u not in a situation where u are comfortable? financially/relationship wise?

my dh was scared when we concieved 1 week after implanon was taken out. it took yrs for our DD.

also i see your been through a loss :( people deal with things in different ways maybe its still v raw for him x

Oh I am so sorry, big hugs! I bet in time he will feel differently. Maybe he is just freaking out? Maybe he is trying not to get his hopes up just in case? Men are weird with feelings sometimes. Regardless, he needs to support you because like it or not, you are growing a baby, his baby, and it is hard work and it is happening. Hugs.

:hugs: my DH took the news of this pregnancy (totally unplanned) really badly. I gave him space and didn't talk to him about baby stuff and let him come to me when he was ready. It wasn't long before he accepted it and now he's fine. Pm me if you need a more in depth chat xx

:hugs:.... I think you should tell someone else close to you like a friend or your mum about the pregnancy so you can talk to someone. This is such a hard thing to bottle up and deal with on your own.

I hope it's just nerves for your OH and he comes round soon x

It sounds like he's stressed out and anxious, and has really freaked out for some reason.

My OH freaked out quite a bit when I was pregnant with Sophie, though there was no arguing or sulking, he was pretty stressed out about it. He loves her to bits and is super over protective of her now, but he was very distant about the pregnancy etc.

How are you doing hun? Been worried about how you're coping. Has anything else come of it? :hugs:

Honestly I think it was just a one time argument because he hasn't acted like that since. We've been shopping for things and told his parents. I even caught him shopping online for strollers. I think maybe he was just having a bad day.

Honestly I think it was just a one time argument because he hasn't acted like that since. We've been shopping for things and told his parents. I even caught him shopping online for strollers. I think maybe he was just having a bad day.

great news:thumbup:

We have our 1st scan next weekend at 7wks. Mil is oing it for us. She does them t the local women's center.

Glad to read the outcome!! Did he explain why be after like that, or even apologize? Did you guys talk about it at all?

Not really. He was just stressed and didn't know how we were going to hand,e another but his raise finally went through and they've opened up overtime so he's been working hard so we can pay off our bills and get the things we need.

I'm so happy that things have worked out! How are you doing?

Doing ok. Feeling huge! My dip/roll from my section scar has filled out and I feel rather round :haha:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 130
I'm glad to hear the outcome. I would still have a talk with him about the mean things he said to you, just so you both know where you both stand. I mean, I am positive him making you out to be a bad mom and a bad person still lingers in your mind whether you wanna bring it up or not (to avoid confrontation). But your feelings matter so I would still talk things out. Him having a bad day is understandable and him freaking out is okay but his words are out of line.

Glad you're feeling better tho!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->