Cant say this on FB...

Mazzy17

Reaction score
OK this has confused me a bit and would like pet owners to help me understand.

5th November is Guy Fawkes night right? I can understand why pet owners complain when fireworks go off the week before and the week after but why complain on 5th? Surely they realised fireworks happen every year before pets were brought into their family?

I guessing as it spooks their pets :shrug: The world can't stop for pets,no,but people letting off fireworks in their back gardens could be more understanding.x

I understand it freaks their pets out. But its not as if Guy Fawkes night is a new thing.

Although my boss has a cute dog he is deaf tso he sits by the gate and watches all night, he wont move for food or anything! :haha:

No it isn't but like the people who are setting off what sound like a machine gun round here..thats the type there is no need for in a built up area :flower: our dog isn't fussed..she is too lazy to go and see what they are:haha:

Yeah i dont understand why pet owners moan, just have to deal with it........we have a dog and he isnt bothered by them at the moment he is asleep on the rug while fireworks are going off left right and centre outside..............ive also heard people with babies/young children moan about it to but my girls sleep through it and always have.........maybe if my dog and my girls werent so good i would moan to lol.........i guess people who set off fireworks around 5th november probably have valid reasons... i.e divali.. birthdays etc

Like i said i understand WHY pets owners complain but i have a friend in Facebook and her and her husband are REALLY going nuts about it saying they are going to shove rockets up neighbours backsides (we live in the same area)

Its not just the banging that is the worry. The little sh*ts of the UK that catch your pet and then torture them with fireworks. I hate hate hate these youths!!! I hate reading about it all in the local paper just after bonfire night, it breaks my heart!

Its not just the banging that is the worry. The little sh*ts of the UK that catch your pet and then torture them with fireworks. I hate hate hate these youths!!! I hate reading about it all in the local paper just after bonfire night, it breaks my heart!

Oooooooh dont get me started on little shits torturing animals! :growlmad:

Oooooooh dont get me started on little shits torturing animals! :growlmad:

no thats just wrong...........poor animals :nope:

I hate fireworks. Its so noisy outside, the banging is echoing off the houses so its even more amplified. I think its a massive intrusion on my evening, I don't enjoy watching fireworks and I certainly don't want to have to listen to them all evening. Not only that, but for the next few days I will be finding discarded rockets in the garden so now I have to clean up after it as well. I am lucky that my cat and dog are not bothered by the noise, but if it wakes the kids up then I will be really mad. I think they should ban the sale of fireworks and make it that only registered/licensed persons can purchase them for a properly organised public display - preferably in a field miles away from me!

i swear i have the only dog i know that actually quite likes fireworks lmao!
and he isnt deaf either.. odd animal.

doesnt bother me too much, i will be annoyed if lyssa is woken but she slept through last night :)

there are plenty of things people can do for animals who are stressed so i dont get why they dont stop bitching and start doing something about that instead- by a DAP monitor or something?
the animal torture thing upsets me though :(

In Belfast it's not much of an issue on Bonfire night but Halloween they go all out. I understand that they get scared but we just lock the kitty inside (cat flap with a four way locking system) and hides under the sofa till it's all over.

It's a part of life and it isn't going to change so why make a huge fuss over it and get yourself worked up? Just my opinion.

My dog gets so freaked out about fireworks and the nearest ones are a few miles away I'm sure if I had them going off next door I would be going mad. It's not that I would expect people to stop it would just be soo annoying for me lol. I also think people should respect that others have young children and pets and stop at about 9:00

ive got to agree with tina....my next door neighbour is letting off the loudest rockets still at 9pm at night, i really hate them...i know its nov 5th and they always go off this day but in garden prectically isnt fair, i didnt ask for guy fawkes to try blow up parliament lol

sorry for the rant ladies im just sooooooooo tired and need my son to sleep tonight....bloody pregnancy hormones making me a right grumpy bitch haha xxx

i totally understand why pet owners complain, even on the 5th - just because traditionally guy fawkes night has been around for a long time does not in any way make it acceptable or excusable for animals to be terrified

i firmly belive that fireworks should only be available for organised displays, this supermarkets selling them to anybody is nothing short of dangerous

I have 2 cats and this is my main concern with fireworks :(

I have a dog and a cat, my cat has to be locked inside for a few days because some people think its funny to torture animals with fireworks. :growlmad: and round here, fireworks have been happening for over a week now, first for diwali and early bonfire nights and now actual bonfire night. I think pet owners get fed up because its not just on the 5th anymore, its the week leading up to and the one after, so by the time we get to the 5th we are feeling murderous. :growlmad: i know i am, i honestly think that so many people use fireworks irresponsibly that perhaps it should be a license situation. That said, i get that tonight is the 5th and was prepared to deal with my dogs nervous breakdown xx

well its 11.30pm now and some selfish inconsiderate pricks are still setting them off.

I dont mind the fireworks, and I do think that animals will get used to them. my main bug bear is folk that set them off and dont think about where the burnt out firework lands! Tomorow I will have to walk my fields to check for burnt out fireworks as they are sweet and the ponies will eat them if I dont as they are doughnuts, and I can say for def, I very much doubt my neighbours would stump up for a vets bill should one of the ponies get ill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->