Cant say this on FB...

my mutt isnt bother by the fireworks and tbf i know some sick buggers torture animals with them but even that isnt my main worry, a few years ago i was walking down the street with my mates and someone chucked a firework out of a car at us, it exploded at my feet and i ended up jumping about in the sparks, luckily it never hurt me but theres enough adverts on around bonfire night to know how they can scar for life!
i couldnt belive there were knob heads out there stupid enough to try and hurt someone like that, how sadistic can you be just to get a ''laugh'' out of it, well i ll tell ya i didnt find it very funny

^^ :haha: RANT!! :rofl:

We had our fireworks last weekend and whilst I didn't mind them, it gets a bit much. We had fireworks going off from 4pm until near midnight. There shoudl be a cut off point of 9pm. It didn't bother our dog but it did wake LO up a few times. I even heard a few going off at around 4am. Its ridic!

What's guy fawkes night? Never heard of it

What's guy fawkes night? Never heard of it

Its also known as bonfire night. 5th November every year....its now also becoming known as mischief night too. He planned something called the gunpowder plot in 1605 but it failed and he was hanged. He was going to blow up parliament. Each year now we burn an effigy of him on bonfires and have firework displays x

Well I was a horrible pet owner yesterday :haha: I left my dog Twix indoors and took the twins to a firework display.. :haha:

But to answer your question I have a bulldog, usually very excited to see people and excited when you call her. When fireworks are going off she tends to hide or sit beside someone who will keep her calm and stop her shaking.
Its not nice for pets, they have sensitive ears at the best of times, listening to big bangs and claps is why they are scared.
And people moan more on 5th because normally the council displays can be heard for miles.

And I dont call it Guy Fawkes.. I call it bonfire night lol

We were talking about this last night. I LOVE fireworks, LOVE the big bangs esp!!! But I agree that they should be on one night of the year when pet owners (like myself) know not to let the dog out for a wee, or bring the cats in etc on that specific night. We shouldn't be expected to do it for a whole week running up to the 5th and afterwards!

I live very near a public display that they have every year. Big bonfire and fireworks for about an hour. I have no issue with this and luckily my dogs now are not too bothered by them.

But I used to have a dog who was terrified by them, from the first bang to the last she would shake, drool, pant and try to hide. With organised displays I could prepare myself to how she would react and shut the curtains, turn up the TV and radio and create a space for her to hide. Not fun but that is life.

With more and more people letting them off in gardens for up to a week before hand and going on for hours (the last firework I heard was at 12.40am last night) it was hard to watch her go through that each time.

We dont moan about them, as you say, fireworks just "are" and we knew that when we got dogs. Ive never had a pet (and weve had a lot of cats & dogs) that are really frightened of them anyway. What DOES annoy me is when people wait until half ten/11 at night before setting the fireworks off. By half ten, its been dark for about 5 hours, so why wait till so late :neutral: They were REALLY loud last night and were in the garden behind our house. Was not impressed as it wakes the kids.

Also, our local firework display is on the riverside and I feel more sorry for the ducks! You can hear them panicking, its not nice :(

I agree that fireworks should really be restricted to formal events on the 5th only. I've never found small displays to be very exciting anyway.

That said, my neighbours opposite were setting some off last night, they seemed to be good quality fireworks and it was all over by 8pm. Some of them made quite a boom and I was worried Zachary wouldn't get to sleep, but it stopped just as I was putting him in his cot!

I did hear one or two go off around 10pm, but they were much further away. We have one cat who isn't fussed about them, she trotted in for her dinner at the usual time while they were going off lol.

Its not organised displays that are the problem. Its people that have no idea how to use them in their gardens and risk other people and animals lives!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->