Can't stop crying at work

DragonflyWing

Reaction score
I had a miscarriage a week ago. I was only about 5 weeks along, and I didn't even know I was pregnant until I started gushing blood at work last Thursday.

I took two days off from work, and over the weekend I had a lot of pain and bleeding. The doctor prescribed a strong painkiller, which kind of helped me feel numb and not think so much. Now the pain and bleeding has stopped. I'm back at work now, and I can't seem to stop crying.

The worst thing that keeps washing over me is that no one ever knew this tiny soul. There was a living being inside me, and no one even knew it until it was gone. My husband says God knew, but that's not much of a comfort to me right now.

It's really hard to focus on my work, and I have to give two presentations this afternoon. Meanwhile, my eyes just keep leaking tears no matter what I do. I can't go home, and the day feels like it's lasting forever.

Sounds like you need some more time off work if at all possible to come to terms with things. I've just gone back to work after two weeks off for a missed miscarriage and ERPC. I know it is difficult if you are in a busy and demanding job but now is the time when you have to put yourself first and try to come to terms with what was happened. xx

It must be very difficult coming to terms with everything. I agree with the PP, if you can manage it, some time away from work may do you some good. :hugs: I am so very sorry for your loss.

Dragonflywing- I am so sorry you have to deal with this. I can relate in some ways, I'm almost 6 weeks, cramping, bleeding, loss of pregnancy symptoms most of this week, it doesn't looks good, waiting on next Hcg results.

I have to go back to work tomorrow tomorrow and am dreading it, I feel out of sorts too and will probably cry at work. I can't take time off from work either. It's easy for other people to say just to take more time off when they don't understand that you have to be at work. In my case I have already taken too much time off for other reasons, I am on thin ice at work and don't want to be in trouble for my attendance.

I am so sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry for your loss DragonflyWing.

Can you speak to your line manager about how you are feeling? They should be supporting you.

I would take time off work but whether you do or not, I understand crying at work- i did the same in the loos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->