Car accident at 6 weeks!!

Tiger22

Reaction score
This has been a terrible week for me! I was rear ended today, it was a pretty hard hit but no airbags and just the back bumper was smashed in. I was stopped at a red light when it happened. I
feel completely fine and had no whiplash or pain, no bleeding or abdominal
pain. I am 6 weeks pregnant tho and worried! Could something have happened to the baby? I'm going to call my OB Monday morning and let them know...but I am hoping and praying everything is okay...

Aww I'm so sorry this happened to you. How scary. I think you should be fine but i'm not a doctor. I think that since you haven't had any pain or bleeding then the baby is safe! Maybe go into the hospital and explain your situation, they may give you a scan to make sure and give you peave of mind. Good Luck :hugs:

Firstly, I'm sorry your having a bad week and that you were in an accident.

A doctor told me that a baby is quite safe in there, and it would need to be a medium size car crash, ie air bags for it baby to get hurt. Since you've had no bleeding, or cramps or anything I suspect baby is fine. You could always ask your health care provider to check you out once they open monday for peace of mind.

This happened to me last pregnancy when I was in my 3 6th week. If you don't have any cramps or anything you should be good. Just take it easy for the next few days .

I was just read ended too when I was 8 weeks, maybe 7. It was less severe for us because the car behind us was also stopped, they got rear ended and smashed into us. I've since had an OB appt where they heard the heartbeat and everything was fine. I would say don't worry too much :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->