car insurance renewal help

Wriggley

Reaction score
Hi all

Im with tesco car insurance - me as the policy holder and OH as a named driver.

we are 22 and 21 and my insurance is currently £50 per month.

renewal is due 9th july and we will be 23 and 22 (renewal just after both our birthdays)

renewal came through at £48 quid per month - excellent thinks me until i get email from compare the market saying tescos could offer me insurance for £42 per month.

well little old me goes onto tesco to get a quote wondering why my renewal with them is higher then the price quoted through compare the market.

so i do a quote on tesco insurance website and they have quoted me £38 a month! and i could even bring down my volantary exces to £150 and still only be £40 a month.

should i ring them tomorrow and get them to sort it so i can have the online price? seems weird my renewal is dearer!

Yes ring them and get ur existing insurer to send your no claims bonus out to you on the renewal date. I shop around at its often cheaper but ur insurers will prob match the price if u tell them you've been quoted cheaper

Yes ring them and get ur existing insurer to send your no claims bonus out to you on the renewal date. I shop around at its often cheaper but ur insurers will prob match the price if u tell them you've been quoted cheaper

the cheaper quote is with the company im already with lol its just fact their renewal i got in the post is 10 quid a month more then what i have been quoted on their website

Sorry I read wrong. That's then because quotes online usually are cheaper :)

Yes phone them Hun x

It could also be that your renewal quote has some cover that the online quotes haven't such as courtesy car etcetera... Always worth a ring to them even if you fully intend to stay as they can go through all the different things they cover and you can add and remove things as would suit your needs.

Same happened with me with privilege i phoned them up and got the online price. You need to watch whats included with tesco because they have a tesco value, tesco classic and tesco premium insurance.

Never ever just accept a renewal quote, you should always phone and haggle with them as there's always some room for manoeuvre. I often find that it's almost like the insurance company are simply chancing that people will just let it auto renew out of laziness without checking if they can get it cheaper anywhere else, or by haggling.

My renewal last year was extortionate - I had had an accident and expected it to go up somewhat, but my insurers sent me a quote that was 5 times my previous years premiums.... I called them up and they offered to half that figure immediately without me really putting up much of an argument but couldn't beat my new insurers quote that was nearly £200 cheaper than the last years premium.

Always shop around :) xxx

Definitely give them a ring, much better to talk to someone.

Also find a cheap quote from elsewhere (or make one up), and say that you'll be forced to change the policy unless they match it as best they can.

I did this with my renewal at the beginning of the month.....my renewal was £406 :shock: and I got a quote from another company for £365 and said to my current that I am leaving can they cancel my policy.

He put me on hold and came back and said we've matched it & I paid £365 with my current insurance company.

They don't think you'll argue, but either kick up a stink about the renewal - or move companies. They will fight to keep you because all the discount they provide your still a customer.

Definitely give them a ring, much better to talk to someone.

Also find a cheap quote from elsewhere (or make one up), and say that you'll be forced to change the policy unless they match it as best they can.

I did this with my renewal at the beginning of the month.....my renewal was £406 :shock: and I got a quote from another company for £365 and said to my current that I am leaving can they cancel my policy.

He put me on hold and came back and said we've matched it & I paid £365 with my current insurance company.

They don't think you'll argue, but either kick up a stink about the renewal - or move companies. They will fight to keep you because all the discount they provide your still a customer.

My insurance this year from Churchill was £909.48 :cry:, i have gone to LV who quoted me less than half!

Insurance companies always do this! We have multicar, we payed £1800 for three cars, we're all young. Our renewal came through at £2300! Haha. We did a new quote, came out at £1400, phoned them and they matched it. They offer better deals to new customers. X

It's quite common, but a bit naughty as they're kind of punishing you for your loyalty :(

Just a quick one - when looking for quotes, make sure you consider fully comp as it can often be cheaper than third party only/third party, fire & theft. :thumbup:

thanks ladies - my insurance is fully comp the quote i got online was for the exact same things included on my renewal coz i filled out the quote based on the details on my renewal form -

shocking i could even reduce my volantary excess to £150 from £350 and it would still only be 39 a month! ringing them in the morning to sort it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->