Car Seats

Im sorry but i think it is wrong for a child to travel in any vehical weither it be taxi, bus or what not unrestrained.

Hopsitals are right in not letting a child go home without a car seat, they do the same in warrington now.

It may piss us off but if anything happened to our LO's we wouldn't forgive ourselves!

I have a spare rear facing car seat with base Kx ... or i can give you the link to the place i just got my brand new nanio from for £26.00 inc P&P the car seat is fabby!

There are so many acidents and un-careful road users out there, I think its only right babies should be in seats

xxx

Well it may well be sense that a child is in a car seat I certainly would prefer without a second thought that my child is to be in a car seat as everyone I am sure but fact is not everyone drives & these things are not taken into consideration by taxi companies.

So the question was what do Mums who don't drive do or Mums who do drive but have used public transport followed by a taxi.

I am restricted as I don't drive not sure keeping lil one in house 24/7 because of this would be practical I have to go out with baby at some point for various reasons. I also don't have access to a personal taxi driver at the click of fingers. Not that I would want to rely on other people in the first place.

For some people thought they have no choice, and If I was in that situation on occasion when there was no other choice then I would have to ! What really angers me is seeing people in cars holding a newborn, if your in your own car, or a relatives then there is no reason not to use a car seat, in a taxi yes, beucase you would have to lug it around (unless a travel system). Once I was on the moterway and saw somebody holding onto a toddler, now that did annoy me! how dangerous!

i do have a 2 carsets tho, i only do it thro convenience,

this is wot it says bout taxis, In a licensed taxi or licensed hire car, if a child restraint is not available then the child may travel unrestrained in the rear. This is the only exception for children under 3, and has been introduced for practical rather than safety reasons. You should always think about ways to make sure that a child seat is available.

https://www.childcarseats.org.uk/law/index.htm#under3
Still you would think in this day it was a rule for taxi drivers to insure safety of all passengers - not just teh passenegr who can safely travel with just a seat belt.

May ask my local taxi company about this actually.

Well it may well be sense that a child is in a car seat I certainly would prefer without a second thought that my child is to be in a car seat as everyone I am sure but fact is not everyone drives & these things are not taken into consideration by taxi companies.

So the question was what do Mums who don't drive do or Mums who do drive but have used public transport followed by a taxi.

I am restricted as I don't drive not sure keeping lil one in house 24/7 because of this would be practical I have to go out with baby at some point for various reasons. I also don't have access to a personal taxi driver at the click of fingers. Not that I would want to rely on other people in the first place.

I think your best option would be a travel system! have you already bought a pram or just picked it ?

For some people thought they have no choice, and If I was in that situation on occasion when there was no other choice then I would have to ! What really angers me is seeing people in cars holding a newborn, if your in your own car, or a relatives then there is no reason not to use a car seat, in a taxi yes, beucase you would have to lug it around (unless a travel system). Once I was on the moterway and saw somebody holding onto a toddler, now that did annoy me! how dangerous!
That is bad and no reason for that.

We will have a carseat thats a to buy along side the pram but short taxi journeys are going to be nightmare I see. Depending where I am going depends if I can lug the carseat.

I mean I know if I've to go get baby seen I won't take a pram its there an back so the carseat can be used but ARGH all the same there is going to be a couple of moments it isn't going to be pracical.

I think your best option would be a travel system! have you already bought a pram or just picked it ?
I don't want a travel system I want a normal pram & carrycot.

I don't even like the travel systems now I've looked at them. At the moment I'm going for the first wheels Imi pointed me too & we have been to look at them & they are convenient for someone who does not drive. I don't fancy lugging a heavy travel system on public transport as I've seen reviews & opinions on this too.

Have you seen the mamas and papas pramette ? I ahd this and lvoed it, could use it as a travel system when I needed to, but it was still really light compared to other travel systems, then it can be either a usual push chair or a lay down facing you pram.

When i had maddie and no car i had a travel system ...

It fitted in most cars and it was convient for taxis, bus travel and train.

Vicki brought it to the hospital for me and away we went.

I think this may be your best option cause say you went shopping in chester you can't push a pram and lug a car seat round with you ....

xxx

Just seen your reply ... ignore this lol

https://www.johnlewis.com/Shopping/Product.aspx?Type=SKU&ID=230419627&source=14798

This?

If so yer looked at it again its not what I want. I want a carrycot. Also baby is born in December it will be cold so I'd rather her/him snuggled. Thats just my preference of course.

Yer was gonna say Imi ... I don't want a travel system & you told me they were a pain too!!!

Pain in the ass but convient!

I found mine bulky :(

xxx

yeh thats the one, its ok hun we all have different tastes and once we know what we wants thats what we have to have (part of being a woman hehe) I did find it very practical though, Im not sure if you can get a carry cot for it actually, I'll have a look xx

Exactly I don't want that I don't want to hold a newborn & f around with a big bulky pram.

Pain in the ass but convient!

I found mine bulky :(

xxx

pramette isnt bulky, thats why iw ent for it over the graco in the end and I loved it, saying that I didnt really need to use it as a travel system that much

yeh thats the one, its ok hun we all have different tastes and once we know what we wants thats what we have to have (part of being a woman hehe) I did find it very practical though, Im not sure if you can get a carry cot for it actually, I'll have a look xx
I like it ...

Just not as much as teh first wheels ... if it has a carrycot.

I may change my mind on a pram I still have 5 months to go :rofl: But I know that not everyone can drive here so was wondering what they do :D x

Only thing is the car seat i have??

Its very light, compact and has 2 ways of being fitted into the car ...

xxx

https://www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/product-s0002981/type-s/

here it shows the pram facing you too, and you can get a soft pram liner which is more cozy xx

I like it but its still not a carrycot :rofl:

I'm surprised first wheels dont have a carrycot for the elite actually! GRR

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back