• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Care in 2nd pregnancy after pre-eclamsia 1st time round.

Little_Roo

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Im just wondering what care people are having in their 2nd pregnancy after pre-eclamsia 1st time round.

Im 23 weeks and so far I have had my booking appointment, 2 scans, and 2 anti natal appointments (after each scan). On my last antinatel appointment at 20 weeks I was told I should have been put on aspirin at 12 weeks but hadn't so was put on it then at 20. Im not due to see anyone now until 29 weeks. Does that sound about right?

When I saw my thyroid consultant (i have a under active thyroid) he was under the impression I should be seen more regular?

Little confused :wacko:

Also many people have mentioned a c-section 2nd time round after a pre-e labour 1st time. Is this for the best or is a normal labour ok? My pre-e went really bad during labour with Rubie but I did manage to have her naturally (thanks to the mag sulf). I was in for 2 weeks after labour and on bp meds for 16 months after that.

I dont have any experience with this but hopefully a 'bump' will find you someone who does :) x

I have weekly midwife monitoring (which will go up to twice weekly after 20 weeks), see the consultant every 4 weeks, scan every 4 weeks (both go to fortnightly after 20 weeks). If your pre-e developed after 35 weeks though that sounds about right. Mine was early at 27 weeks and went from trace protein to a failing liver and +4 within 4 days, you're a lot less likely to develop it again the later on it was.

I had pre-e last time too but it was late on (38 weeks til my BP was raised) and so far all I've had is my booking appt, and 12 week scan (followed by a MW appt). I've got a consultant appt this week but that's actually more because I had a c section last time than the fact I had pre-e (the MW last time even said that she doesn't know if they'll even pay attention to the pre-e as it was so late on, whereas my first MW said I should have my BP taken regularly so should be seen more often!)

I thought I'd be seen more often to be honest but as I said I'm still only 16 weeks so who knows if I'll be seen more often. Not being seen again til 29 weeks seems a long time though, I can book in with my MWs every Thursday at my doctors surgery and my first MW advised me to just make sure I do that every 3-4 weeks just so I can have my BP taken more often. Can you do that?

I developed pre-e right at the end of my pregnancy with Max and was induced. So far, I have seen the MW once and had my 12 week scan followed by appointment with the consultant. She said I will see her again after my 20 week scan then again at 28 weeks for another scan and 34 weeks for a further scan. Finally, I see her at 36 weeks to discuss delivery. I have also been put on aspirin daily since 12 weeks.

I had a c-section with Max too but it was because he was undiagnosed breech so no medical reason or anything to do with pre-e.

X

I had preeclampsia at the end of my pregnancy with DD and was induced at 40+1. I'm not under special care this time, just regular appointments but am told to watch my sodium levels, take Omega, take extra care of my weight and watch for swelling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->