care workers

sunnyday123

TTC #2 :-)
Reaction score
Hiya I've been off work for 13 months now, my lo is 1 year old and so I've decided to go back to work. I had an interview yesterday for a home help care worker job and yaay got the job! Only thing is in 10 weeks pregnant. Circumstances changes and we need the money I just feel so cheeky not telling them. I have my 12 week scan on 29th and then doing training on 1st may. Anyone think I'm being deceiving? I didn't declare my pregnancy thinking they would hold it against me. I don't want to say during training I am pregnant they might get rid of me :-( thanks xx

I think there's laws about discriminating against pregnant women! I'd sign on the dotted line then tell them.... If you're coming into contact with public or doing any kind of heavy lifting or using chemicals then you're going to need them to know.

There is no requirement of you to come out and say "I'm pregnant". I'd just wait until either it's obvious or it comes up for other reasons.

Thanks ladies. Just worried because the uniform will show my bump! I'll be 12 weeks and I have bump bloat. It's so obvious! Lol maybe I could play dumb and say I just found out! Lol xx

Thanks ladies. Just worried because the uniform will show my bump! I'll be 12 weeks and I have bump bloat. It's so obvious! Lol maybe I could play dumb and say I just found out! Lol xx

Many women wait until 13 weeks to share with family even, so if they do ask you that I would just say "I didn't tell anyone until I had made it to the second trimester".

Like everyone else has said they can't discriminate because you are pregnant, if you feel they are trying to dismiss you because of that say so to them and tell them you will seek legal advice about it.
I will say you need to tell them before you start work though as I am a care worker and they had to rearrange my schedule so that I wouldn't be working with people that need lifting or a lot of support to bare their own weight because obviously that wouldn't be appropriate, if you had a client that had any form of particularly contagious infection they would probably remove you from their care as well for your safety.

Oh and another thing, even though they have just hired you they probably won't be too annoyed about you going on maternity leave because with the nature of care work and the flexibility of it they won't necessarily have to hire someone to cover your maternity leave, they will probably just rearrange other workers days around it to make sure all your appointments are covered by them. That's what my agency will be doing anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->