Carmen Arlene 1/20/2010

Nic1107

Mommy to a toddler
Reaction score
My beautiful baby girl was born January 20 at 10:10 am, 8 hours before we were supposed to go for our appointment to begin the induction process!

I'd been up all day Tuesday trying to get stuff ready and bags packed for Wednesday, with no signs of impending labour. Went to bed at around 2:30 a.m. and was just drifting off at around 3 when all of a sudden I felt- and heard!- something go *snap* in my pelvic area. It was LOUD, I even heard it with earplugs in, and it was accompanied by a really sharp pain. I started having cramps, so I went to the bathroom, where my water broke on the toilet. Contractions started coming hard and fast, and were about five minutes apart right off the bat. I went to wake up my mom to drive me to the hospital, and we got there in about 20 minutes even though it's supposed to be 45 minutes away, lol.

When we got to the delivery room I asked for an epidural immediately because the pain was so intense, but I had to wait a while because my veins were hiding and they had trouble starting the saline drip. At this point I was dilated at about 2.5. Once they finally got it in, the anaesthesiologist came in and started the epidural, which took a while to place because of my scoliosis. It only worked on one side at first but was fixed quickly and I went completely numb, but I could still move my feet a bit which made me happy. The medicine made me itch really badly so they decided to give me some Benadryl, and when the nurse came in to administer it, she decided to check my progress, to see if I'd made it up to about 4 yet. She asked if I'd been feeling any pressure like pushing, and when I said I sort of had, she said it was no wonder because she could feel baby's hair- I was dilated to 10!
Suddenly there were a million people in the room, nurses were holding my legs up and the doctor was telling me to push! I pushed as hard as I could, and she popped out screaming after only about 20 minutes. My mom was there with me the whole time, and she got to cut the umbilical cord.

They cleaned her up and weighed her and all that while I caught my breath; I was feeling a little dazed since my blood pressure had been getting low and my heart was racing. Honestly, it sounds terrible but I barely remember them handing her to me the first time. The two days in the hospital are a blur of pain, visitors, and falling head over heels in love with my little baby girl. :)

The best part was on Wednesday at about 4 pm, when Carmen's daddy called to ask if we were on our way to get induced and I got to tell him... baby Carmen was already here! :happydance:

Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl!
x

Wow what a quick labour! Congrats on your little girl! :D

Congratulations!! I hope my labour is as quick!!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back