Carmen Sophia 14-01-2009 (the detailed version!)

UKMummy

Reaction score
At 41+3 at 9pm in the evening I started to get very mild contractions, 15 mins apart. I wasn't too bothered as I had been through labour twice before in 3 years and this didn;t seem any different. By 11pm they hadn't got any stronger so I took a paracetamol and went to bed. The contractions woke me up circa 3am and I took another paracetamol and went back to sleep. I woke the next morning and the contractions seemed to have gone so I got on with my day, looking after our two other daughters. I got a mild contractions at about 11am and another at 3pm but that was it. My husband, who works from home asked if it was ok for him to go to football training that evening (he goes every week without fail), and on the basis that he leaves at 5pm and is back at 9pm I couldn't see this as being a problem as it wasn't like I was in labour or anything. Anyway, later that evening my husband walked through the door after training at 9pm and the minute he walked through the door I got a very strong contraction, which took me by suprise. We sat down for dinner and I got another contractions, and then another...by then my husband was starting to look concerned and telling me to ring my Mum to get her round. I was like "Er, my first labour was 28 hours, my second was 3 hours, we have LOADS of time"....with that my waters broke (9:15pm) with the fourth contraction.....husband phones my Mum to get round to look after the gilrs, I am stuck to my chair with wet jeans, chair and floor, husband legs it over the road to our neighbour who is a midwife. She comes round and checks the waters...they are clear so she suggests we leave for the hospital (9:45pm)whilst she holds the fort until my Mum turns up. I am faffing round trying to find a clean pair of maternity trousers, locate my bag, slippers etc.....husband is hopping about downstairs getting very stressed that we should have left for the hospital already (I think he is still mentally scarred from my horrific first labour, which was totally the worst ever...second labour was like a dream however). Anyway, we get to the hospital at 10pm and as we are walking to the maternity ward I can feel the head moving down and I am thinking "Shit, I am not going to get there in time". Once in the delivery suite I am examined - fully dialated and head there....midwife announces 'you are going to have this baby very soon. I will get another midwife in once the head crowns........er.........that'll be now then!' All happens very fast and Baby Carmen is born at 10:30pm face up (and my show stuck to her head) with both hands by her face so I get full force of her nails too......not nice. Anyway, it was a brilliant experience and she is totally amazing....makes me want to do it all over again!!!! I will put a picture on once I have worked out how to reduce the size of them!!!!

Great story! :)

Congrats on your baby girl!

photo of baby Carmen

Attachments

• oie_IMG_4628.JPG
    oie_IMG_4628.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 34
wonderful story, and she is adorable!
Congratulations
-x-

awww she's adorable! How much did she weigh?
Congrats hon!
:hugs:

she is lovelly! it sounds like a great labour...
xx

she is so cute! what a fab birth story too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"