Carpal tunnel at 4 weeks?

lauraloo24

Reaction score
I noticed starting last night some minor pain in my left arm (not shoulder!!) followed by a bit of numbness and tingliness. It didn't last long so I thought nothing of it but it's back this morning. On checking google I wonder if this is carpal tunnel syndrome? Apparently it does happen in pregnancy but i didn't realise it would happen so soon? Am only 4wks 2 days. Anyone else have it this early?

YES! I have the sister Cubital Tunnel Syndrome. It involves a different nerve of the hand. Both are common during pregnancy and I've had it since 4 weeks.

Called the baby Dr. at 5 weeks and he said it wasn't pregnancy related. Went to my regular Dr. and he said it has to be pregnancy related. As it just doesn't come on all of the sudden if it isn't pregnancy related.

Congratulations! :)

do you feel it in your thumb, fingers, and hands too? I developed it right AFTER the birth of my first and still get it off and on to this day. What works best for me is wearing the splints at night when I have a flare up and sleeping with my arms straight out, or down, never up, and keeping my wrist straight and not bent.

That's what they recommend to do. I had it with one pregnancy in the 3rd trimester, but it in my wrist. I used a brace at night it helped.

This time its my pinky and ring finger, both are numb without feeling. It's not intolerable so I haven't did anything about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->