carpel tunnel

ablaze

lucky mum of one of each!
Reaction score
has anyone had this post natal? mine is back with a vengence :( bn referred 2 physio and may need an op :(

My dad has it in his wrists and is havin to have an operation ...

Thats all i know about it, the veins are to thin or summat?

xxx

They use a scapel and cut???

Not sure tbh .... i could always ask me father!
xxx

i sed it once(on msn) ill say it again!!! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

magnetic braclets are supposed to be very effective to help this.
if you want an info let me know, as i sell bioflow braclets

I had this during my last PG but it went away afterwards, its where the ligaments in the wrist squash the arteries and capilleries going through the wrists causing numbness and in severe cases pain.

If you PM Paradysio on this forum, she had the OP after she had it during and after her PG, Im sure she would be happy to give you more info.

I had an op when I was around 19. It was not that horrible, but it took a bit until I was able to use my hand properly again...

I am having serious problems during pregnancy (since there is more blood in my veins), but I hope they will vanish after it (when I got Matthias it was o.k. again afterwards).

I'm still suffering daily with this - I didn't realise there was an op available. My gp's crap! I can't lift anything heavy as my wrists are so weak and painful, and I really struggle gripping anything. Opening jars is an absolute no no. Now I know there's an op, I'll definitely be going to see the doc again!

amanda hun, just say 2 ur doc 2 refer u 2 physio, thn itll go 4m there :D

ok heres my 2 pennies worth hehe.....

ive had steriod injections, physio and an op on 1 hand, but ive now had it cured!!!!

i would advise not to get the op as they dont tend to tell u they actually cut the muslce that goes from your thumb to your little finger and it will slowly make moving those 2 fingers very hard. ive noticed this already as i do alot pf physical work.

but ive found a new treatment that has come over from america, they first massage your lower arm muscles to relax them and make them lean again. carpel tunnel is actually caused by stress to these muslces causing them to contract and spasm resulting in the pain in your hand.

then once you have had enough sessions to really relax your forearm, they give u a few exersises to do each day and the pain never returns, ive not had it since! im waiting to see if it still works when i get pregnant again as i was in total agony last time.

i can try and explain the exersises u need to do each day if any ones likes?

heres the info from the guy that invented this treatment, i know it looks a bit like them sites full of crap but i swear by this treatment, im now going for treatment to cure my migraines!!! fingers crossed

https://www.mrtherapy.com/carpal_tunnel.html

Hi Yvanne

I had this operation 3 years ago and it was 100% effective after 4 years of EVERYONE saying it was in my head. I would cut to the chase and ask for the op although it bloody hurts after it is well worth it.
Bex.x

Hi Yvanne

I had this operation 3 years ago and it was 100% effective after 4 years of EVERYONE saying it was in my head. I would cut to the chase and ask for the op although it bloody hurts after it is well worth it.
Bex.x

arent you worried about losing movement of your thumb and little finger? how is your scar?

i was booked into a capio hospital for the op on my other hand a few months back but ive cancelled it. woohooo that will safe me having to have 2 months off work to let it heal

honest hun found some where that offers sport massage and ask them to give your a forearm a massage, it will work alot quicker
ive just brought the text book for the treatment i have, i will scan and post pics of the exersises when i receive it

but tht will probs cost me a bomb?!

My mom had the injection, then the surgery...on both hands at the same time. Going to the restroom was a whole new experience. LOL I have C.T. due to a severe injury. An air bag shattered my left radius. A six inch titanium plate, six screws and two pins put Cheyanne back together again. lol Sometimes I don't hurt at all, but when I do...I consider the prospect of becoming a junkie...pain pills. Just kidding. Hope those exercises work out well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->