Carpet Cleaners..

kandbumpx

Reaction score
Has anyone hired one and are they any good? I really could do with something to clean my hallway carpet :/

I didn't hire one, I bought one instead.

I got the Vax Rapide which is brilliant. I had a couple of stains that had been there for over a year (one being child vomit on a cream carpet), had tried everything to get them out. This got them out in one go.

I looked at hiring the Rug Doctor (think thats the name) & it worked out about £40-£50 to hire the thing for a day as you had to buy their carpet/upholstery cleaning solution which was about £15 each. The Vax was £180 (reduced from £270ish from Very), I could have got a cheaper one but I wanted one that could clean upholstery as well. I was potty training DS1 at the time so I decided I'd rather have one in the house to clean up "accidents"

I use a Rug Doctor.

£30 hire £10 refundable deposit.

And £15 for shampoo but washing up liquid works just as well.

Works a treat.

V xxx

ive got (well mi mams got) a bissell one right good :) ive got it at mine i would fetch it ya n show ya how to do it but cnt drive lol :-/

We rented from this https://www.hss.com/g/58312/Carpet-Cleaner-Large.html, we have cream carpets and they didn't even look dirty it was just cos we were gonna have Charlie wanted to do it nice, well you would not believe the colour of the water you get up, unbelievable! thoroughly recommend x

Would highly reccomend the rug doctor it made my filthy carpets almost good as new. If they wernt ruined they would of come up loads better.

i used the local shops one (i cant remember what it is!) for £13 for 24 hours. it was brilliant, my mum has a bissell one that i use quite often which is good for surface cleaning but the professional one is very deep cleaning! x

this bissel om eis brilliant i used to have a cream carpet really thick pile n it was mingin it brought it up good as new i couldnt believe it was amazing :) its a really expensive one though she won it in a competition lol

I wanna buy one but don't wanna be spending loads :/
My cream carpet in front of sofa in room is mucky with all baby sick. Makes me feel mucky (which I'm not lol) I need to clean it!!

have you looked on ebay they are handy to have round the house for cleaning up accidents this is just like a hoover so you can wip it out and clean the carpet before the stain dries in it drys it aswell

Heres a shop ebay that sell Refurbished ones:-

https://stores.ebay.co.uk/Graded-Electricals-Direct?_trksid=p4340.l2563

I thought hiring was a waste of money really so I brought one and it worked.. Carpet was clean and fresh again but it didnt last that long.. With 2 kids, a dog and myself in and out of the living room I think the way forward is laminate lol

I'm having someone come and clean the carpet on friday! We hired a rug doctor but don't think OH did it right. WE don't have many stains it just looks grubby now. I hope it works x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->