carrier help!

ellie

Mum to Kalden
Reaction score
OK, so I just counted and I now have FOUR different carriers that other people have got me, and I'm not sure about any of them ....

I have - a babasling, which I thought was good but reading on here most people don't seem to like them
a tomy close n cosy carrier (told this is okay for older babies?)
some kind of similar looking one that my MIL got in Aldi (?) called a relax carrier
and a handmade wrap which is basically just the very long strip of material with slightly thinner strips at the ends for easier tying

now i'm confused ... I guess I just practice using them with a doll or something then when my baby arrives try them out to see which ones he/she likes (or not?) most people seem to like a moby or mei tei ... is it worth trying the ones I have? or should I try and get rid of them and get something else?

I'd try what you've got, see what you and baby like, then get rid of hat doesn't work for you. We've got a sling carrier which I like but the baby hates, a Snugli type carrier which the baby likes but I hate because it's hard on my back & a Moby which we both like. It's hard to predict what will be best before baby arrives- if you didn't already have a bunch of carriers, my vote would be for the moby :)

I agree, wait and try out the ones you have first, as what you like may not be what your baby likes! Freya used to love our Bjorn, but it killed my back and shoulders and I know it is bad to have them in that position, so we got rid of it. I love the Mei Tai I have now, but have to walk fast to keep her still!!

The wrap sounds good, and they will all be easy to sell if you decide you prefer something else after baby is born.

When baby is here you could go to a sling meet to try out some different kinds before you buy one?

www.slingmeet.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->