Carriers for Dads

Pops

Proud Mum & Wifey
Reaction score
We have a ring sling for in the house which our lovely Lisa has lent us and also a BabyHawk for when Missy Moo is a bit bigger.

Boyo is quite keen to wear her and I wondered if any of your OHs wore your little ones from new and if so, what did they get on with?

He is very tall at just over 6ft 4" so I am not sure if that makes a difference at all?

All recommendations welcome :thumbup:

xxx

Matt always used the Baby Bjorn, I didn't get on with it as it hurt my back so I brought a Kari-me and later an didymos but he couldn't get the hang of wraps and liked the ease and speed of the baby bjorn.

there's a fab video on youtube somewhere of a daddy showing how to wrap a newborn in a stretchy. They are one colour so a nice choice for daddy's if he's up for trying it. Otherwise look at manducas, they are fab for a range of body shapes as they're very adjustable and have an insert to pop a littley in. Others to look at would be a beco butterfly, olives and applesauce, wrap conversions or basic pouches :) as she gets bigger she'll fit into even more, carriers can be as addictive as nappies :haha:

not used from newborn but my OH liked our babyhawk and i think it's a good idea that they are reversable to suit mummy and daddy.

hubby loves our babybjorn. it is easy and quick to put our lo in.

My husband occasionally wore Adam in the Close Parent carrier, but he definitely prefers the Connecta.

When Emma was smaller, hubby used the chocolate brown Moby. He needed a bit of help with wrapping but he used to go around the house calling himself "Moby Man" like some kind of babywearing superhero :dohh:

Now he uses the skull print side of our Baby Hawk :thumbup:

Keith used a Baby Bjorn with Hebe but he's not really worn Sid.....he loves carrying Hebe in our Bush Baby now for walks and she loves it! x

My OH used the Moby at first (and it works fine for him). He wanted something a bit easier to put her chest to chest with him so got something a bit mei tai ish at the store (it's called a Comfy Cruiser). It has clips to just snap it on and is a little padded. He likes that better since it just goes on fast. He only uses that one around the house though (like when I hand her to him when he's playing video games), the Moby is still number one for going out anywhere.
Since he just used it around the house she gets a bit swaddled and has her feet bunched up in her blanket in the carrier rather than having the feet hang though as intended.

When Sam wore Izzie he always used the baby bjorn - I have seen so many of them at NCT sales for about £20 (there about £50 brand new) so if theres any sales coming up have a look there for a Bjorn :)

My OH was happiest with the Baby Bjorn :) He was still using that when I was onto my Moby and then my Mei Tai!

yep, another baby bjorn here for the OH, I hated it so we always wore different carriers. but OH wouldn't give the moby or babyhawk a shot. apparently he wanted buckles over long bits of material he had to tie and knot up.... so we got a connecta and now we're both happy!

another baby bjorn for the oh's here, was actually at a party yestreday (first b-day) and lots of new babies carried by their daddies in the baby bjorn.

Hi,
my OH uses the baby bjorn, but it really pulls on my lower back so I stopped using it. For a quick nip to the shop we both use a baba sling, as LO loves facing
forward 'budda like' in it! The baba sling is great for OH as it also has buckles etc, takes seconds to adjust and put on and we bought navy blue. The only down side is that it's not a 'hands free' carrier, as we both feel the need to have a hand free to support LO if necessary.
To replace the baby bjorn we've just bought an ergo, again in boyish colours(!) and I've used it and think it's fab. I'm sure that OH will like it because there are clips and buckles for him! We got it because we wanted one sling that we can both wear rather than taking two out with us!

DH has used the ring sling, the maitei & the connecta & is happy with them all but his fave has always been the tricotti.

For longevity, my OH likes the Babyhawk. We loved our Bjorn, but Claire was a porkchop and had outgrown the Bjorn when she was 6 months old!!! So for the price of it we weren't very impressed.

We've gotten our money's worth (and then some!) out of our Babyhawk (Mei Tai). I got it when she was 9 months old, she's 19 months old and we still use it!!! Here's some picks of my OH wearing our girl. :cloud9:

The print we picked was "black bonitas", as it made OH feel more manly I guess. :neutral:

https://xd3.xanga.com/93182be3c16b9264203541/m210650204.jpg

Excuse the crappy cellphone pic! We were out at the mall.

https://x44.xanga.com/bacf3b1258631257143406/m204601703.jpg

She's eating the straps in this one :haha:

https://x54.xanga.com/aacf837161735270247658/m215556694.jpg

I love how he's looking at himself in the mirror... bwhahaha!

https://x42.xanga.com/73df707205530270247680/m215556710.jpg

He'd totally kill me if he knew I was posting this one

....aaaaand I'll stop there. As you can tell, I love when my guy wears her. :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->