Carrycots for overnight sleeping?

Discussion in 'Store & Product Reviews' started by nyah, Oct 10, 2008.

1. nyah

nyah Active Member

Hi ladies,

Does anyone know whether any brand and style carrycot is suitable for overnight sleeping (with the correct mattress of course)? I can't find any information online..:shrug:

When I was in kiddicare, I remember the sales rep pointing out that only carrycots with 'ventilation' (small round holes in the base) are ok to use overnight, but that was a few months ago and I don't remember all that well...

any advice is appreciated. Thank you! :)

nyah

ps. I have a Mutsy 'College' carrycot. It's got a hard solid (plastic) base.

2. littlelady

littlelady Well-Known Member

I thought silver cross did an over night pram which came with a carry cot used for obviously overnight sleeping? worth checking that out

3. Sarah1987

Sarah1987 Well-Known Member

4. WelshGirl

WelshGirl Mummy at last!!

I seem to remember that the Windoo carry cot - for the Loola pushchair - is suitable for overnight sleeps as it has ventilation.

5. Donna79x

Donna79x Mummy to Rihanna Paige x

the M & P 8 in 1 has a carry cot that is suitable too as it as ventilation xx my likle one wont sleep anywhere else right now !!! booo

6. nyah

nyah Active Member

Thanks for all the replies ladies. Thankfully I already have a complete pram set, with a carrycot - but I was just wondering if any carrycot (e.g. my Mutsy one) is safe for overnight sleeping or if you should only use 'special' overnight ones (if those exist)? Anyway, I have decided that I will not use it for overnight sleeping as I am not sure. If I need a little bed to use in addition to the cotbed, I'll get a moses basket :)

Thanks again.

nyah xx