Casey Anthony Trial

LeeBee

Reaction score
Anyone else keeping tabs on this? I'm a little obsessed.... just can't imagine a mother doing this to her child!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Caylee_Anthony

I think she did it, i did not read the whole wikipedia page however i could go and change it myself if i so wished.. But the fact the mother acording to that said she had been missing for 31days before being reported and the child remians being found near her home, a nanny who no-one else new about or saw.. It dont make sence that she would be innocent

I think she did it, i did not read the whole wikipedia page however i could go and change it myself if i so wished.. But the fact the mother acording to that said she had been missing for 31days before being reported and the child remians being found near her home, a nanny who no-one else new about or saw.. It dont make sence that she would be innocent

Her defense is saying that her daughter accidentally drowned in the pool and that she made up lies and tried to act normally as a way of trying to deal with it/forget it all happened. They are trying to sprinkle the case with enough reasonable doubt so that a) the jury won't convict or b) the punishment will be less severe (the death penalty exists in Florida and the prosecution is currently seeking it). So it's not so much that they are trying to say she is "innocent;" they are admitting that she definitely had something to do with the death of her daughter. They are suggesting, however, that she did not commit murder.

The evidence is really against her, though. Testimony of the pungent odor in the car has been pretty detrimental. At one point, the man who worked for the company that retrieved Casey's car said that he smelled the very distinct odor of human decomposition in the car. His testimony was even more striking because he had previously worked for Waste Management; the prosecution was able to use him as a type of expert who could tell the difference between the smell of garbage and human remains (the defense had previously argued that the smell in Casey's car could have resulted from a bag of trash left in the trunk). Furthermore, Casey's behavior during the 31 days before she reported Caylee missing was simply not that of a grieving mother. Personally, I don't like to use lack of emotion as any reason to accuse someone of murder (I might just emotionally shut down if something similar happened to me), but I'm still rather struck by her regular partying with friends. This also helps the prosecution establish a motive for Casey to kill her daughter - she simply wanted the lifestyle she missed while having to care for her. It also looks really bad in the eyes of the jury.

I've been following this pretty closely when I can. I don't get to watch as much as Alex becomes more and more alert and in need of pretty regular interaction. :p

I started following the story a few years ago when I was holidaying in the Caribbean, I've been periodically checking ever since but I didn't realise the trail had started.

What she's accused her father of is pretty shocking, my first reaction was to not believe that he abused her if I'm honest but I don't know the ins and outs. Didn't he try and kill himself when his granddaughter was missing?

Her lawyer sounds a bit out there, hasn't he suggest the guy who discovered the body moved it first? Why on earth would that happen?

Sounds in sence abit like the Mc cans case we will never know what really has happend to that poor girl

I started following the story a few years ago when I was holidaying in the Caribbean, I've been periodically checking ever since but I didn't realise the trail had started.

What she's accused her father of is pretty shocking, my first reaction was to not believe that he abused her if I'm honest but I don't know the ins and outs. Didn't he try and kill himself when his granddaughter was missing?

Her lawyer sounds a bit out there, hasn't he suggest the guy who discovered the body moved it first? Why on earth would that happen?

I think what he suggested was that the police confused him and tried to make him remember that he had found the body somewhere else. But I could be wrong about that. That was the only part of the defense's opening statements that I didn't really understand.

Yes, George Anthony did try to kill himself. The defense is suggesting that he was in on the cover-up. So I suppose they could argue that he was so torn up about the secret that he couldn't take it anymore. I don't believe that necessarily, but I imagine that would be the defense's perspective.

Her cell mate in jail's children died when they drowned in a pool, she got that story from talking to her.

I definitely think she did it. I don't think the family was involved, but I think there might be some truth to the molestation allegations. There's just something not right there...

I feel so bad for the grandmother though. Can you imagine being in that situation? So sad :(

I'm not saying they were involved but she does seem to have a serious personality disorder and I watched a programme on the family and they all seem to have something not quite right about them; they really lack empathy

I can't believe she hasn't confessed yet :( gross.

Yeah her defense are saying she accidently drowned but then why would she have tape around her mouth?? She did it, all the stories have been lies and you can tell all her tears are fake. She has no remorse or even looks like she is sad, heartbroken, emotionally withdrawn from it all.

Seeing some of her photos and some clips of her mum and dad they all are the same.

Not guilty on accounts of 1st Degree Murder, Manslaughter and Negligence.

All she's getting charged for is lying to the police. :cry:

Cannot believe the verdict No justice for that poor little girl!
I hope they live with the gulit for the rest of there lives

poor littly girl RIP Caylee xx

That's just awful that she got away with it, reading everything it just seems like complete and utter lies.

Poor little girl RIP
___XO

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"