Cassidy no likey the booby!

B

Bekkiboo

Posted about this in breastfeeding section but thought I would in here too!

Anyway, Cassidy has dropped her feeds dramatically! I've looked into this and apparantly because she's only nearly 9 months it's my subconcious desire to wean Cassidy that causing her to wean? I really don't want her to wean yet :cry: Seriously when I try and sit her down to feed she starts wriggling and throwing herself about and often bites me. When I do get her to latch on is literally a minute or so then she starts messing again! She does have breakfast dinner and tea, but she's had the same portions for a while and the lack of interest in the breast has only been the last week or so!
I'm very worried because normally my boobs get engorged really quick if I skip a feed but they feel really empty even though she's hardly gone near them all day!

What to do, what to do? I don't want to stop yet so please help me! x

:hugs:

i took that as a sign of self weaning and slowed milk feeds down to 3 a day then 2 and now 1. She wasn't at all phased at stopping so i guessed that was her way of telling me :cry:

i dont think she is weaning. not at just 9 months old.

My son did this several times throughout our breastfeeding relationship. He eventually came back every single time. it could be a nursing strike! dont worry, okay? if you are stressed it is much less likely that she will latch on and feed.

If she gets stressed when you offer, stop trying to feed her. instead, focus on having lots of skin to skin cuddles; making the breast available to her to latch on when she is ready. have baths together, sleep in bed together, all that kind of thing. She will come back to it eventually. after 9 months of breastfeeding your supply wont drop dramatically straight away. get a breast pump and pump as much as possible to keep it going.

Like i said, my son did this several times and we breastfed for 25 months in total. she'll come back xxx

What is with our babies at moment?! I don't have a great deal of advice because as you know I'm going through similar myself except that Aisling won't latch on at all now :cry:

I do agree though that at 9 months it very much sounds like a nursing strike. Not sure what they've suggested in the bfing section but when we had one at 7 months we did lots of skin to skin but it was having a bath together that knocked it on it's head so might be worth a try. Hasn't come close to working for us this time but we gave it a go.

Hope things go back to normal soon :hugs:

How about a warm bath together, dont try feeding but if she tries then go ahead. I dont know why babies like feeding in the bath. Lets just hope its a sort strike and not weaning.

Babies go on silly feeding strikes hun, h did it the other week and is now going through silly newborn feeding again, these booby babies are terrible lol

Whoop whoop, go Cassidy it's your birthday (not really) we're gonna partay like it's your birthday (but it isn't) :happydance: :haha:

Haha...go Cassidy!

Just thinking maybe its another tooth? Liv has silly feeding days when her gums hurt. xxx

That's great hon! Get her to have a word in Aisling's ear will you?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->