Castor oil?? Just want to know if it worked?

I wouldn't take it. Who wants diarhea and cramps during contractions??? When you have to run to the hospital meanwhile you have to stop in the bathroom? Plus, it can be dangerous for the baby. My son had a BM while still inside me and he came out with severe jaundice. He had to stay in NICU, not just for the jaundice but also because we are blood incompatible. But anyway, I don't think it's worth it hun. I just remember during labor they said "your baby had a BM" and they rushed to get him out of me.

Just wanna make it clear that I didn't do the castor oil with my son, he just had a BM inside of me because I was past due and I think he was in distress. But I'm just saying, my son had issues because of the BM and sometimes castor oil can cause it to happen so that's why I say no.

I think its difficult to say that caster oil causes the meconium as most women who take it are overdue when its far more likely to have happened anyway!! Personally I wouldn't do anything that serious like castor oil or sweep until 40 weeks plus. However I had a horrendous induction experience so in hindsight I would possibly have tried it, he had meconium anyway from me being 42 weeks.

The idea of pooping through labour is horrible & I guess if anything went wrong I would always be wondering if the castor oil caused it

Thanks for all the advice ladies.

The thought that meconium could cause a problem does worry me so I will wait and see what happens after my sweep on Monday when I'll be 39+2.

My SPD is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad, I just want this baby out!!

I will never forget my experience with Castor oil. Oh my..... firstly the taste.. I feel sick just thinking about it its soo thick and oily and just absolutely vile. I was at my last tether and was over due by a week and my grandma,Mum and Aunties had all said that it worked for them. Well I took the castor oil before bed and in the middle of the night I woke up and my stomach was contracting and I really thought I had gone into labour excited I got out of bed and then.... Whoosh It hit me the worst stomach cramps I have ever felt in my life. My stomach was making these horredous thundering sounds. I had to literally run too the toilet and litterally the world fell out my A*se!! and It didnt stop there I think I remained on that toilet for a good 2 hours and did it start labour No.. I certainly wouldnt reccomend this too anybody.. try all the the other methods. I know its horrible in the last few weeks but it didnt work for me although I know its worked for others Its just not worth it lol xx

I will never forget my experience with Castor oil. Oh my..... firstly the taste.. I feel sick just thinking about it its soo thick and oily and just absolutely vile. I was at my last tether and was over due by a week and my grandma,Mum and Aunties had all said that it worked for them. Well I took the castor oil before bed and in the middle of the night I woke up and my stomach was contracting and I really thought I had gone into labour excited I got out of bed and then.... Whoosh It hit me the worst stomach cramps I have ever felt in my life. My stomach was making these horredous thundering sounds. I had to literally run too the toilet and litterally the world fell out my A*se!! and It didnt stop there I think I remained on that toilet for a good 2 hours and did it start labour No.. I certainly wouldnt reccomend this too anybody.. try all the the other methods. I know its horrible in the last few weeks but it didnt work for me although I know its worked for others Its just not worth it lol xx

That sounds horrendous!! Poor you.

Doesn't sound like it should be recommended to anyone!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"