Castor Oil Packs?

I've been doing the packs. I'm on CD4 but I'm not really trying this month. I've felt a lot less pressure and aching on the side where my cyst is so I'm hoping the castor has been helping to shrink it!

Wow that's great news! I hope it continues to shrink!! If I don't get a BFP I am definitely going to do them this month (AND TEMP!). I did just realize that I started using cheaper OPK's this month and I googled the brand I am using and a lot of people say that they didn't get a positive with this brand even when a different brand gave a positive result with the same urine! I'm so annoyed! I really felt like I was O'ing a few days ago, so hopefully we caught it. guess it's back to the expensive brand...
have the side effects gone away for you?

Yeah, most of the time it's worth it to stick with the more expensive OPKs. They can be so confusing!

I didn't really have any castor oil side effects, but when I first started I felt the aching in my ovary area, and now I hardly feel that at all.

oh, I was wondering if gas/ nausea was a castor oil side effect? I'm glad to hear the achy ovary is going away! good luck!!

I didn't get gas and nausea with the castor oil, but I've heard it can be a side effect of the vitex due to the increased progesterone levels.

Thanks for the encouragement and good luck to you as well! These packs really are relaxing.

I thought I posted on here already but can not find it...

I have been doing Castor Oil packs for the last few weeks. I did them everyday for a week then last week forgot a few days. I read that it can help releive pressure of Ovarian Cysts and maybe even help them to shrink. I hope so because my gyno said I will need surgery, my RE said lets wait and see while taking BC pills. Both of these methods are not in my favor of conceiving soon.

Anyway, last week I had a very strange discharge. (this is going to be gross but ...well...we are talking about reproductive organs here so ...) It was rather fleshy, not bloody like AF. More like a greyish light green tint. Ok so I had a yeast infection when I got my 6 month pap last week, so I am pretty sure that is it...but I have never had that kind of discharge (and I get yeast infections frequently). I think the castor oil pack were helping it to get out of my body. I did not do the pack for about 3 days (fri to sun) and did one this morning...and the discharge was back. I just started my meds for the infection last night so it has not cleared up, yet. T

hese are just my thoughts but I think these packs are doing something right. I just hope it does something right with the cyst. If my cyst is being resolved, would I have that kind of discharge? I have searched for the answer online and came up empty. I would think the cyst, if it is fleshy, would be more like a clotty AF?

Sorry for the graphicness of this post. I just wanted to share my experience with the packs. I am a beleiver in them.

Tiff

Hi tiff! I'm not sure what a cyst discharge would look like, I do believe that the castor oil helps our bodies expel things though! Last year before ttc I would get many days of brown spotting before af. I found that if I did a castor oil pack it would bring on my full red flow within about 12 hours. It was a little scary how efficient it was! So, yeah, not sure if any of this is helpful but I do believe it is just getting all the stuff out of your system! I really hope it works for you!
AFM- on anywhere from 4-9 dpo (bad opk's.. grrrr) and have already started poas. I don't know why I torture myself! BFN so far, but you never know! Good luck!

Hi tiff! I'm not sure what a cyst discharge would look like, I do believe that the castor oil helps our bodies expel things though! Last year before ttc I would get many days of brown spotting before af. I found that if I did a castor oil pack it would bring on my full red flow within about 12 hours. It was a little scary how efficient it was! So, yeah, not sure if any of this is helpful but I do believe it is just getting all the stuff out of your system! I really hope it works for you!
AFM- on anywhere from 4-9 dpo (bad opk's.. grrrr) and have already started poas. I don't know why I torture myself! BFN so far, but you never know! Good luck!

I was hoping they would bring on AF but it did not happen...but now I am on BC pills for (hopefully only) a month so I do not expect her until I am done. I have not had a natural AF in a very long time.

I am a total believer in these packs...if nothing else they feel good.

Hopefully you will get your BFP....xx and baby dust to you.

Tiff

Hi girliegirl! From what I've read, cysts don't cause discharge. When they burst, the fluid is absorbed in the abdomen. They are located on the ovaries and not in uterus or vagina, so it's unlikely that the fluid from a cyst would come down through that opening. If it's a really large cyst a small amount might come through the tubes down the vagina, but even in that case probably just a very tiny amount.

It could be that the discharge is a bacterial infection, which would explain the color and why it's not responding to the medicine for yeast. I used to suffer with recurrent yeast infections too. The medicines that kill off the bad yeast also kill off the good yeast that helps keep bad bacteria at bay. Many times after I would cure myself from the yeast, then I'd have to deal with a bacterial infection. It was a never ending cycle! I'd go see your doc to confirm what it is and make sure you're getting the right medication for it. Also, sometimes I've been worried about a discharge and went to the doc for a culture only to find out it was completely normal.

BTW, if you keep getting yeast infections you might want to try apple cider vinegar (ACV) as a remedy. I used to take diflucan and the over the counter remedies, but the yeast infections kept coming back. Once I took apple cider vinegar, I was able to get rid of it naturally and it hasn't returned since! It tastes horrible but you don't have to take it long and it is so much more effective. It keeps your body at the right ph and that yeast and bad bacteria don't form.

Hi girliegirl! From what I've read, cysts don't cause discharge. When they burst, the fluid is absorbed in the abdomen. They are located on the ovaries and not in uterus or vagina, so it's unlikely that the fluid from a cyst would come down through that opening. If it's a really large cyst a small amount might come through the tubes down the vagina, but even in that case probably just a very tiny amount.

Well that makes sense....I didnt even consider anatomy of our bodies...LOL. :blush:

It could be that the discharge is a bacterial infection, which would explain the color and why it's not responding to the medicine for yeast. I used to suffer with recurrent yeast infections too. The medicines that kill off the bad yeast also kill off the good yeast that helps keep bad bacteria at bay. Many times after I would cure myself from the yeast, then I'd have to deal with a bacterial infection. It was a never ending cycle! I'd go see your doc to confirm what it is and make sure you're getting the right medication for it. Also, sometimes I've been worried about a discharge and went to the doc for a culture only to find out it was completely normal.

The doctor is who said is was yeast after my 6 month pap last week. She gave me a script...it was ONE pill. I guess that one pill was pretty strong. The discharge is gone, didnt show up after my castor oil pack this morning. Hopefully it was just clearing out. I had just taken the ONE pill of the script Sunday night so I am hoping it has had time to work by now. I really think the castor oil pack was just doing it's job.

BTW, if you keep getting yeast infections you might want to try apple cider vinegar (ACV) as a remedy. I used to take diflucan and the over the counter remedies, but the yeast infections kept coming back. Once I took apple cider vinegar, I was able to get rid of it naturally and it hasn't returned since! It tastes horrible but you don't have to take it long and it is so much more effective. It keeps your body at the right ph and that yeast and bad bacteria don't form.

I have been taking ACV (off and on...hard to make a habit out of THAT taste...~shudder~). I actually take the pills on a regular basis but I know they do not give all the benifits of Braggs with the Mother. I try putting that in recipees when I can or in a smoothie. AVC has so many benifits.

Have you tried the Braggs ACV Drinks? Most have sugar but the Limeaid is with Stevia. It is OK...still have the smell and a bit of the AVC taste, but if you just can't get the other down, it is an ok alternative. One bottle (about the size of a snapple bottle) is 2 servings and is about 2.00.

Thank you so much for the advice.

Tiff

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"