Cat missing :(

Tami

Mum of one
Reaction score
Our cat is a bit of a night owl and likes to go out on a night to explore, we let him out before we go to sleep and let him in again, usually, at about 5am, I hear his bell jingling (light sleeper). We let him out at 12.30am as we headed upstairs and it's now 1.45pm and he's not back. I'm really worried.

We moved to this house on the 4th may and kept him in for a few weeks to get used to the area (lots of wallpaper scratching, moses basket eating and carpet pulling in this time, lol) so he's only been going out for about a week or so, but he's never been gone this long before even taking our old house into account.

Even my OH is worried and he's not the worrying type. :(

We've been up and down the street looking for him and shaking his food box, looking under cars and in the tree-ish area but nothing. The street we live on is quiet, but we don't live too far from a busy road and I keep imagining the worst. :wacko: But with all that said I know cats like to wander, and he was a stray when he adopted us so I know he's pretty outdoor savvy. Argh!

This little ball of fur drives me crazy, but I don't know what I'd do without him.

https://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/Tag2290/210520132026.jpg

https://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/Tag2290/270520132037.jpg

Aww I can imagine how you must be feeling. Stay positive though, like you said he is very outdoor savvy so he's probably off on a little adventure somewhere. Have you checked your old house to see if he has wondered back there? I've heard of cats going off for a few weeks and then returning home. Hope he's home soon x

Aww I can imagine how you must be feeling. Stay positive though, like you said he is very outdoor savvy so he's probably off on a little adventure somewhere. Have you checked your old house to see if he has wondered back there? I've heard of cats going off for a few weeks and then returning home. Hope he's home soon x

I haven't had a chance yet, my parents live there still and they're at work at the moment, but will ask as soon as they get home!
We live opposite a nursery and people keep pulling in in their cars to pick up their kids, and I keep hearing their car keys jangling and thinking its Charlie's bell. Sad. :(

Oh Charlie you naughty little boy! :(

I'm sorry he's decided to go for an extra long explore.

Im sure he will be back soon, keep calling him & leaving him treats at his exit route from your house.

Oh Charlie you naughty little boy! :(

I'm sorry he's decided to go for an extra long explore.

Im sure he will be back soon, keep calling him & leaving him treats at his exit route from your house.

Very naughty!

I keep doing this and a sneaky ginger/white cat keeps eating them! She's lovely but such a greedy little thing!

I felt like the pied piper earlier walking around shaking his biscuits with every cat but Charlie following me down the street, lol.

Aww im sorry your cat is missing, mine went missing for 2 days but she came back. She did have a broken tail but she made a full and quick recovery. I hope your cat is just naughty xxx

Aww im sorry your cat is missing, mine went missing for 2 days but she came back. She did have a broken tail but she made a full and quick recovery. I hope your cat is just naughty xxx

Did you ever find out what happened to her?! I'm glad she came back!

Thank you, I hope so too. :hugs:

Your kitty is so beautiful! I hope you find him! It's the one thing I hate about kitties, is they don't have the common decency to come home when they're expected. Or at least let us know they won't be home.

Your kitty is so beautiful! I hope you find him! It's the one thing I hate about kitties, is they don't have the common decency to come home when they're expected. Or at least let us know they won't be home.

He must be going through his teenage phase, lol.

This happened to me when I was 17 weeks pregnant, we had only been in our new place for a month. I was hysterical for the 4 days she was gone :nope:

She had never gone missing before, I was so worried!!

She came back though. I believe she was trapped somewhere maybe.... I don't know if there's any sheds or the like near you but check them.

It's horrible I know, I've my fingers crossed he'll come back soon :hugs:

Worst thing. My cat used to be an outdoor cat until he went missing for about a week after letting him out. I let him out when night before bed and he didn't come back for a few days, OH had to go look for him. I felt terrible because he was OH's cat before I met him and didn't know what I would do with myself if something happened to him.

Thank you ladies. OH gets home from work at about 9pm and we're going to have a proper look for him then including going down to the main road...just in case. Will also make a point of taking his cat carrier. :(

I hope he comes back before then, he must be starving.
I thought he'd come back earlier, I heard a meow outside and went to the door and there was this huge, fluffy black cat there, cute but not ours! :(

If he's not back by tomorrow I'll knock on the neighbours door and see if they know anything. :(

Be thinking of you & him! Wish I could help.

Come on Charlie naughty boy that's enough exploring now!!

awww i hope your kitty comes back soon hun xx

Hope you find him soon. They like to worry us. I'm sure he's gone off for an extra long exploration and he'll be back tonight demanding dinner :flower:

One of my cats disappeared for 3 days before! I was worried out of my mind! She turned up all dusty with bits of grass between her toes looking like she had had a great time the little sod!

Hope your kitty turns up soon, I love my cats too so I know how you're feeling.

Is the weather nice where you are? Mine tend to stay out longer when it's nice. Check with neighbours in case someone has accidentally locked him in a shed/garage x

A very hungry Charlie just came home! We heard him yowling at the door, he sounded outraged, like we'd kicked him out all day or something, lol.
Came in, ate loads of food and has gone to bed! Kids! :haha:

Thank you for all your support ladies! xx

A very hungry Charlie just came home! We heard him yowling at the door, he sounded outraged, like we'd kicked him out all day or something, lol.
Came in, ate loads of food and has gone to bed! Kids! :haha:

Thank you for all your support ladies! xx

Thank goodness!!! What a relief, but naughty cheeky boy!!

I'm glad he's come home & very reassuring that he has come back to your home & not elsewhere which means he knows exactly what he was up to & just didn't fancy coming back on time!! Monkey!

Glad he is home, hope he isn't pawing at the door too soon to go back out!

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->