Cat people - advice needed

tallybee

DS '04, DD '06, DD '15
Reaction score
One of my cats, a neutered male of about 2.5 years old, always been a roamer. Hates being kept in, but always used to come back no problem. Then for a few months we saw him less, he would come back and just leave again. It turns out he has been trying to move into a house on the next street, won't leave them alone, keeps going back there. The lady there thinks he's awesome and would love to have him around but the problem is her own cat is petrified of him. I keep having to go round and collect him, but the minute he gets an opportunity to slip out he's back round there again. The lady had been feeding him until she knew he had a house right here but has stopped now as it's just been encouraging him. It's starting to get really annoying! He will come back here as well but doesn't seem to want to stay. He came back this morning but wouldn't come in, even for dreamies lol what on earth do I do???

We are having the same problem with our older cat. He is 8 years old. Up untill 3 months ago he would come back. Yes sometimes he would disappear. The longest he went was 3 months nearly. Thankfully after someone seeing the poster we put up we got him back. But lately now when his gone out he isnt coming back. We put posters up and someone rang us saying he kept going into their garage threw the flap and eating their cats food lol. He gets fed he is just a greedy cat. The house is not far maybe few roads away. They rang us and we went got him but every time we let him out he isnt coming back and always goes back to this house and they just ring us to come get him. We are having to keep him in cus his just not coming back,. He hates it as always been a outdoor cat. He has got out today and probably wont see him for a few days now until we get a phone call. We have tried butter on his feet and hasnt worked. We even bough this Feliway Diffuser which is meant to help calm cats etc but doesnt seem to of worked. It might come to you making the cat indoor cat and when you go out have to shut the cat in a room

Make sure she's not still feeding him! That's what does it. x

So glad I noticed this thread as a random cat seems to have moved into our house today. I've seen this cat roaming around in the past few weeks and then this morning she came inside with my two cats and hasn't left since! We don't mind at all, my cats seem to ignore her mostly (they are both neutered boys) though they are suddenly sleeping next to each other which they normally never do... Anyway, what do you ladies think I should do? I'll put up some flyers I think and take the kitty to the vet to check if she's microchipped but is it bad to hope she sticks around.. She's really sweet and cuddly and has the cutest little white face with black eyeliners :D Right now she's curled up on my lap!

My cat does it's so irritating! The family up the road leave their garage door open for her, she has food and drink and a snug blanket on top of the dryer. She stays for days. We told them to just not let her in.
I'd suggest telling them to shoo him away when he tries to go to their house and not to feed him at all.

My cat still not back and no phone call. just hope his alright

Does he have a collar? Even one of those cat safe ones that break away if it's wrapped on something? I'd put one on him with your phone number (if he will tolerate it) so at least you'll know if he roams far :)

He's had numerous collars with my number on but they always come off straight away lol he hates wearing them x

We had one on out cat to with engraving saying do not feed, i am chipped and our phone number. He wasnt wearing it when we got him back

So glad I noticed this thread as a random cat seems to have moved into our house today. I've seen this cat roaming around in the past few weeks and then this morning she came inside with my two cats and hasn't left since! We don't mind at all, my cats seem to ignore her mostly (they are both neutered boys) though they are suddenly sleeping next to each other which they normally never do... Anyway, what do you ladies think I should do? I'll put up some flyers I think and take the kitty to the vet to check if she's microchipped but is it bad to hope she sticks around.. She's really sweet and cuddly and has the cutest little white face with black eyeliners :D Right now she's curled up on my lap!

Well I took our kitty visitor to the vet today, turns out it was really a he and microchipped, he's back to his owner now who amazingly lives over 30 miles away from us :wacko: I'm a bit sad I have to admit, I miss his little face.

Well I took our kitty visitor to the vet today, turns out it was really a he and microchipped, he's back to his owner now who amazingly lives over 30 miles away from us :wacko: I'm a bit sad I have to admit, I miss his little face.

Awh i bet they were so greatful though! My cat turned up in Derbyshire once.. I lived in Nottinghamshire o_O It was when a dog attacked her... she just kept on running x

I used to have a cat that was getting incredibly fat at one point in time. One day we decided to follow him when we were younger to see where he went when he would go outside. It turns out that he has been going to 2 other houses to just be fed all day.

I got no advice but we have four cats an before we moved our little black one would disappear - once he disappeared for a week and i thought he would never come back.

Then one day our neighbour said there's this old couple living downstairs on the ground floor an we were on the first floor living in a maisonette and all the estate cats used to go there but i dont know if they fed them?? :haha:

They had two cats themselves and he used to apparently snuggle with one of them which was odd as he hates his half brothers that he lives with lol! but since we've moved he does roam outside although he is neutered an luckily he hasnt tried moving in with anyone as most of the street has dogs now instead of cats :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->