Cats and Kids

I noticed multiple people mentioned nail trimming. I have to say this is something I don't understand. We had our cat's nails trimmed once and it was a disaster. Since the nails are made up of layers, it isn't just one clean cut. Then when he tried to claw our couch, it was worse than usual as the different fibers had more parts of the nail to get stuck on and it did far more damage than untrimmed nails. Does it help because you also put the caps on? We do nothing to our cat's nails.

Everything time I trim my cat's nails they cut through cleanly.

I trim my cats nails weekly, and they always cut through cleanly. I use clippers designed for cat/dog nails. I have seen some people use normal clippers, and they don't cut cleanly.

I Finally, I'm concerned about the cat scratching up furniture and the floor. I'm wondering if we get an older cat that is not as active if that will take care of the problem. I've read that declawing is considered inhumane.
It is the question of training, I would recommend reading Catify to Satisfy by Galaxy where he explains how to create a cat-friendly home and avoid demolishing furniture and floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->