Cats keep attacking mine!

EmziixBo0o

Reaction score
My friend gave me her cat a month ago as she had 2 and the cat she has before the one she gave me kept attacking him.. He has quite a bad cut behind his ear from her cat attacking the one she gave me.. This cut still hasn't cleared up! Now the cat always wants to go out and i feel bad keeping him in but tonight I noticed another cut the same size behind his other ear! Anybody know why this keeps happening? He's arou d 6 mo ths old but there is a lot of other cats out in my garden! One neighbour had 12.. Anybody know how I can heel his wounds? Shall I keep him in?

I am involved with ferals and have 8 of my own.

YES that is a main factor in this issue. Also if the cut is infected he may need a round of antibiotics. If it is not that bad and slow to heal test him for FIV/FELV if that is in area at all. Males will fight till they have just about no ears left in few years and many many scars on cheeks/face. You will also have him taking on more experienced cats and getting his butt beat as he thinks he is top shit:p

Also at his age he will have or has that STRONG urge to mark and the smell is BAD. So get him done ASAP and keep him in much as you can.

Never knew not having him done could take this affect on him! I've been waiting for payday to come to take him! Thanks girls, do I need to also take him to the vets to get his wounds looked at? X

If not healing I would. If it is not to bad you may be able to have it done all at once. Clinics tend to be a bit more accepting in my experience then a regular vet office but ask. How bad is it? Cat bites tend to swell/be warm or hot and then infect and will pop open draining and bad smelling. I have taken my ex feral who was neutered in 2010 to the vet about 2 times a year since for injuries as he is very territorial to the newcomers and usually loses. He has gone in for a bit near eye closing his one eye from swelling, and a BAD bite on foot. His smaller wounds I let heal on own as long as swelling is down and not near face/feet(he is outside by choice and needs to be able to run off fast if need be)

I'd definitely get a vet to look over the wounds and castrate him, x

I have dealt with and worked for shelters and i also foster cats. FOR SURE go have him fixed. That will help. In my opinion, cats should live indoors. They live healthier and longer lives. its just my opinion, but its totally up to you. If the wounds arent healing id take them to be checked, it also depends if the cat is in distress. It can lead to severe infection including FIV which i had a kitten die from. Its devestating. Hope the poor fellow will be okay! Even if you do decide to let him out, keep him in just until the wounds are healed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->