Cats...

my cat was clingy when i was pregnant but after i had lo she wouldnt come near me or him was quite scared and spent most of her time out side
she very rarely went upstairs or into living room as she was a very nervous cat and i didnt have any problems

sadly she passed away few months back had eaten some poison oh has told me i can get another one but i have said no dont want one till my lo's are older as teaching kitten will be mad

my other cat that i have had for about 11 years lives at my mums now as she had him while i moved about 6 years ago and he refused to move out, he is used to kids so was worried about lo there but every time george is in room lo makes noise and he legs it bless him

I have two 6yr old tom cats & a year old girl kitten, she is very inquisitive & playful, she jumped in the crib when I put it together nut I turfed her straight out, none of them are allowed in the nursery & havent been for a few months as they used to like sitting on the windowsills & Im going to start locking them out of our bedroom on a night soon, its only because my OH is away for a few months I let them in for company but they will be fine sleeping elsewhere. None of them are particular cuddly, the kitten used to be a lap cat but now they just sit on the sofa or dining chairs so I shouldnt have a problem with them jumping on baby & whilst Im downstairs its fine because my house is small & open plan so I can keep an eye on them all!

When I was pregnant with Cameron, I often thought about what our 2 cats would do, but honestly, they could care LESS about him!! They wouldn't even give him the time of day.

We had his crib set up for a while before I gave birth, and I found one of them in there 2 separate times. I threw her out, and sprayed her with water, since then, she never returned. After I gave birth to him, my husband brought home his little hat they put on him, so the cats could smell him, and get used to it. Again, they didn't care! lol.....

They were fine with him when we brought him home, and are too snotty to even look at him.

If you're worried about them going in his crib, make sure his door is closed whenever he is sleeping :)

I think the reason cats seem to "hate" newborns is because they tend to be loud. Cats don't like loud noises, and they don't like sudden movements.

In my house, we have three cats. The oldest is a fifteeen year old suck who is my lap cat. Since being pregnant, she has been all over me to the point of sitting behind me on the couch and placing a paw on me if I refuse to allow her in my lap. She seems to always want to be touching me. She was lying on my lap one night, and wrapped her paws around my belly on either side and put her head down on it. LOL Husband couldn't find the camera though. :(

My next oldest cat is about 12, and is the scardiest animal in the world. We lived at my sisters home for a while when my nephew was a couple months old, and she rarely went near him. She won't want much to do with baby.

The youngest is just months younger than the previous, and she may take or leave baby. I can see her sniffing her and wanting to sleep near her, but I can see her ignoring her too. She won't be afraid, but she won't be too enthused.

Cats will not be allowed in baby's room. We used to not allow them in our bedroom, but have decided to allow them in the daytime, so that maybe they will find baby's room less of a curiousity. We just moved out of a tiny apartment, into our new three bedroom house, so they have a ton of room to run around now, and hopefully, that will give them the space they need to play and be less inclined to create havoc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->