Cautiously expecting my third... Mummies of 3+, how do you find it?

Pielette

Mum to little men
Reaction score
Very excited because I have just found out I'm expecting my third baby!

However, I am a bit nervous, I just wonder how life is with three? My two boys are generally easy going and it's all pretty smooth sailing. Is it harder to go from 0-1, 1-2 or 2-3? I imagine it isn't so difficult because the first two are already used to each other?

Any advice or experiences would be great to hear :flower:

No words of wisdom as i only have one but just wanted to say a massive congrats! I am sure you will sail through, after having a velcro baby i am sure this one will be a walk in the park for you now lol

I have a bigger age gap. I found it took a while to adjust but once adjusted its like second nature x

I think that I really got the shock when I went from 1 to 2. This little one is particularly easy going and quiet though in my case but I have heard a lot of people telling me that the third child tends to be easier. My older kids are still young but they can entertain themselves and they are quite good as well.
I really hope for you that it will be the same for you. You will just have to change your organisation slightly from having 2.
Good luck with your pregnancy and everything.

Congratulations!!!!

Only have one (too scared to even go for a second yet lol) so can't give any advice!!

I have a larger age gap as my oldest is 5. I have found that going from 2-3 has been the hardest. But, we were out of the baby stage, so I'm sure it will be easier for you, as you are still in it! I know that I will figure things out, as our baby is only 2 weeks old. Everyday seems to get a bit easier:)

I have 3 age 5 and under. my first 2 are 14m apart and numbers 2 and 3 are 2.5 years apart.

I found 1-2 a breeze, my first 2 were the easiest of easy babies. they grew into easier toddlers and I got complacent!

my third baby is a little different granted, he has some severe health issues and was a serious Velcro baby! he cried ALL. THE. TIME.

HOWEVER.... now my Velcro baby has grown up a bit into a toddler, it is truly brilliant. totally bloody marvellous. they get on fantastically, they adore the ground each other walk on. yes there are moments they quarrel but 90% of the time, they're just having fun and best friends.

it'll be hard initially, you'll probably wonder what the heck you were thinking, but it does get easier, promise! x

Congratulations!!;)

I have a bigger age gap between 1/2 and 3 so may be a bit different but it has been fine. Difficult at first getting used to the change but now it's great enjoying the three of them so much and the two older ones love their baby brother to pieces! Xx

Thank you so much ladies :flower:

I do remember thinking I had clearly been insane when I gave birth to DS2, he was such a velcro baby, the like of which I had never encountered! But he has turned into the most fantastic little toddler and the two of them are starting to really play together now which is so sweet to watch. So hopefully if it feels rough at the beginning with number 3, I'll be able to remember how far we came from the early days with 2!

Going from 2-3 was harder for me then 1-2....but mostly because theres a five and a half year age gap between my first and second and only a two year gap between my younger two. Three is tricky...but youll be fine!

Honestly for me, its just one more person to feed and clothe :haha: when nathan was born he just slipped into emilys daily routine and now Harrison is nicely fitting into their daily routine although emily is starting nursery next month and with OH away at uni all day long im starting to stress about how im going to cope getting us all ready and out the door on time without tantrums etc! Neither OH or i drive although i am taking lessons... But so far so good im coping well i'd say! You'll be fine xx

To be honest, I found the change from 0-1 the hardest!! Even though she was a relatively easy baby and a good sleeper, I was just learning, I had never been around babies before really. And I have found the change from 2-3 the easiest, by then baby 3 just falls in with the pack :)

Interesting to read these. We are expecting number 3 in 6 weeks or so, and im scared! Will have a 3.8yr old and a 13 month old along with newborn.
Im hoping the new baby fits in with our routine, but like a PP said, im wondering how on earth im going to get me and the 3 little ones out of the house every morning for nursery!!

Interesting to read these. We are expecting number 3 in 6 weeks or so, and im scared! Will have a 3.8yr old and a 13 month old along with newborn.
Im hoping the new baby fits in with our routine, but like a PP said, im wondering how on earth im going to get me and the 3 little ones out of the house every morning for nursery!!

OUrs are in daycare. You just develop a routine. We get up only 15 minutes earlier. Just try to have most of the stuff done at night and things you can't (like bottle prep) get them done first thing. We wait until the last possible minute to wake them up to get them dressed so we know we are taken care of and got everything ready.

Omgg Vanessa I'm soo happy to hear you are expecting number three!!! For me going from 2 to three was harder but not by much. It was just hard explaining to my 1 year old that a new baby was coming. I think the age difference might have something to do with it too. Natalia was almost 3 when Jonathan was born so see but Jonathan was 17 months when Eva was born. So maybe for you the worst has already past!! I'm soo happy to see you are doing well :)

One to two was hard... Two to three has been brilliant. As long as you're not beating yourself up over routines and things xx

My mother in law said 0-1 was easy (I agree), 1-2 was hard (I agree) and 2-3 was easy (I'll never know, I'm stopping at two). She said the third just falls into the routine that the rest of the family has set.

Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->