cbfm and persona question?

podders91

Reaction score
I was thinking of using a cbfm next month if I dont get pregnant this cycle but the price put me off!
Then a persona contraception monitor was suggested to me (to use in reverse obviously!)

I was also told that apart from the price and the packaging, the sticks are the same.
Is this true and are they actually interchangeable?
If so I'll get myself a persona because my local boots always has cbfm sticks in.

I was thinking of using a cbfm next month if I dont get pregnant this cycle but the price put me off!
Then a persona contraception monitor was suggested to me (to use in reverse obviously!)

I was also told that apart from the price and the packaging, the sticks are the same.
Is this true and are they actually interchangeable?
If so I'll get myself a persona because my local boots always has cbfm sticks in.

I am not sure about the persona but I can vouch for the cbfm. I was pregnant on the first try with that monitor and it really helped me feel relaxed about the whole process as I knew when I ovulated. :thumbup:

Best of luck!

I use the CBFM and love it! It's pricey and so are the sticks but I do think its worth it! Xx

Thanks ladies.
The persona is wayyy cheaper though and basically does the same thing in reverse. The sticks are a little more expensive than the clearblue ones but im desperate to know if they can be used with both as that will seal the deal for me lol

I've never heard about of the Persona before. I doubt they'll take the same sticks though, Hun. I'll have a little research for you now. Xx

Oh I think Persona is a monitor clear blue brought out before the CBFM. I think they do take the same sticks? I've just searched for the sticks and the same ones came up for the CB. I'd ask in your boots store. Xx

I've never heard about of the Persona before. I doubt they'll take the same sticks though, Hun. I'll have a little research for you now. Xx

They are both made by clearblue and the sticks look the same. They just come in different packaging. They test for the same thing and the monitors do the same thing (but backwards) so logically they should be interchangeable but there's nothing actually confirming this lol.
I refuse to buy a cbfm because they just add £50 to the price because its a ttc aid rather than contraception. Apart from aesthetics the monitors are the same inside...
I'm struggling to find anything about the sticks but if you manage to you'll be a star lol!

Hey Hun... I found this!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/trying-to-conceive/385481-persona-clearblue-test-sticks.html

I'd use the same sticks. They look exactly the same and work in the same way. Just can't find any confirmation, do check out the link though! Xx

IF they do the exact same thing I say go for it. I love the CBFM, I mean we got pregnant first try last time and it helped with my personality, I like to be "in charge" of my life. Like anyone can be in charge of TTC :haha: It gave me some sense of it though!

The CBFM didnt always work for me because I have a short surge (apparently) so it didnt always catch on when I was about to ovulate. It was confirmed at the drs that I had ovulated otherwise I would of gone on thinking I wasnt ovulating much.

I use the CB digital which just gives you a smiley face when you are about to ovulate and you can test as often as you like. Sticks are the same price as CBFM but I use cheap ovulation sticks until it is almost positive then use smileys. So this cycle I only used 2 sticks out of my box of 20!!
CBFM you can only test once in the morning and thats it and you use on average about 10 sticks.

Hope this helps a little bit :)

The CBFM didnt always work for me because I have a short surge (apparently) so it didnt always catch on when I was about to ovulate. It was confirmed at the drs that I had ovulated otherwise I would of gone on thinking I wasnt ovulating much.

I use the CB digital which just gives you a smiley face when you are about to ovulate and you can test as often as you like. Sticks are the same price as CBFM but I use cheap ovulation sticks until it is almost positive then use smileys. So this cycle I only used 2 sticks out of my box of 20!!
CBFM you can only test once in the morning and thats it and you use on average about 10 sticks.

Hope this helps a little bit :)

I'm doing the exact same atm lol.
Was just thinking of buying a monitor as something more "permanent" than the digi tests. We definitely want more than one child so I was thinking of cost overall. Buying the cheaper monitor (persona) and using the cheaper tests (cb) seems to be my best option overall as it seems that they are interchangeable after all :)

Hey Hun... I found this!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/trying-to-conceive/385481-persona-clearblue-test-sticks.html

I'd use the same sticks. They look exactly the same and work in the same way. Just can't find any confirmation, do check out the link though! Xx

Many thanks! Just got myself a shiny new monitor! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->