CBFM issue - opinions please

kanga

Mummy Wummy
Reaction score
hi Ladies

So this was my 4th cycle using the CBFM.

I'm a 28 day girl and my temps and the CBFM suggest I ovulate on day 14.

However this month, I messed up with my poas:

CD11 - used 2nd mu as forgot to poas
CD13 - used 2nd mu as forgot to poas
CD14 - completely missed the window (cd 14!).

And I ended up getting my peak on CD18!

Do you think the monitor coule be wrong? How important is FMU?

I'm heading for testing and the 1ww is killing me. i dont know if we did it at the right time!!

Thanks all xx

All i know is that the reason the fmu is important is that it measures the oestrogen as well as the luteinising hormone, and if it doesn't have the full info it cannot equally inform you back. I personally go with the cbfm - after all its gotten me pg twice. However, i don't temp and its said that it is the most accurate way to tell ov.

Is it not possible that you ovulated late? I did last month and both the cbfm and opk;s confirmed it. Seeing as you say have a spot on 28 day cycle with ov on cd 14, meaning you have a 14 day lp. Simply wait and see whether you get a bfp or af on cd28 or cd32 (if you ov'd cd 18).

Also, did you simply forget to poas first thing in the morning? Or did you maybe set the cbfm for an inconvenient time for you to poas? I for instance try to set mine for 8am so that when i get up for work @ 7 it works and also on the weekend when can still poas at 10 or 11am.

I would also add that although you don't have to worry too much at the beginning of you cycle, to poas, or even the day after ov - around ov time its imperative that you do...but i still think that if you got a second peak at cd 18 (or first peak on cd17), you ov'd cd 18..just my thought :)

Im sorry i don't have a better answer, hun. Good luck, though! :)

Omi xxx

If I don't get my BFP this cycle, I'm going to buy the CBFM. Omi, I think I'll look to you for advice on how to use it!

Kanga, good luck in this 1ww! Hope you get your BFP and can throw the CBFM out the window!!!

Thanks girls. We did it on the peak days anyway but I was in a rush to get to work both days so no lying down! Its looking unlikely for this month again, am so p'd off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->