cd 16 still waiting to ovulate...

schmetterling

Reaction score
Hey ladies!

I'm on cd 16 today and getting antsy to ovulate!! This is our first cycle ttc and I'm breastfeeding (my cycles only came back 2 months ago) so I don't really know what my cycles are like yet. Last cycle I ovulated on day 23 so I probably have a bit of a wait yet. Didn't think waiting to ovulate was going to be this hard!!! Anyone else have longer cycles and want to wait it out with me? I keep looking for any sign of ovulation but I think it will still be a while. I am using opks but I don't temp.

Hey ladies!

I'm on cd 16 today and getting antsy to ovulate!! This is our first cycle ttc and I'm breastfeeding (my cycles only came back 2 months ago) so I don't really know what my cycles are like yet. Last cycle I ovulated on day 23 so I probably have a bit of a wait yet. Didn't think waiting to ovulate was going to be this hard!!! Anyone else have longer cycles and want to wait it out with me? I keep looking for any sign of ovulation but I think it will still be a while. I am using opks but I don't temp.

I am CD 17 right now and got my first + on my OPK yesterday and one again today. Although I am new to this, this is our 2nd cycle ttc and I didn't OPk last time. I also temp and I haven't had the "spike" yet so not sure what is going on right now. We have been BDing since Cd12 ED. Do you know do I need to keep bding and if so until when?

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 1
Mrs. B, Keep bding until the day after the spike, I usually spike after my opk turns negative, usually sometime the day of the last opk/day after. Day after O you can still catch the egg. Good luck!

Hi schmett. I have long cycles, usually O around cd 20 ish. And I am bfing too but my cycles came back right away. And my LP is short. Getting that checked out this month. I am on CD17 today :) How goes?

I'm CD45 and haven't ovd hun! I've had surges and positives on opks since CD24 but no temp rise!

I'm glad I'm not alone, though I'm sorry you ladies have a long wait to ovulate too! Naaxi, how long is your lp? Mine was 10 days last cycle, so definitely short but I think still in the range of possibility for pregnancy. Also I heard it takes a few cycles for your cycles to regulate after they come back while bf. So who knows what's going on. I remember from the first time I ttc that the two week wait is tough too, but at least you know you've ovulated and there isn't anything else you can do.

And Mrs. Burch, I agree with Naaxi, I would bd until after the spike in your temp, just to be safe.

Laura - Are you temping at the same time each day? Maybe your body was gearing up to ovulate then didn't for whatever reason? I'm no expert, this stuff is confusing! Hope you ovulate soon :)

Yep, same day, same as I always have :( I have PCOS so my cycles are generally wacky but this will be the longest yet! My last LP was 11days so actually the latest I would ov to make it the longest is CD49, here's hoping we all ov soon ladies! Xx

Hey ladies! Still waiting over here and getting impatient! I know I hadn't quite ovulated by now last cycle but now that we are ttc the wait is killing me. How are you ladies doing?

I am waiting too. I think I have just haven't seen the "spike" yet. I don't like waiting. Lol my chart is crazy though. I had two different sets of + opks??!! Weird.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 4
Mrsburch it's very common to have several LH spikes, I had two then stopped OPK's as I ran out, I'm guessing I had another one or two.

I got CH's today for ov CD46 but I think I'll loose them tomorrow. Had a crap nights sleep :(

Well ladies I got an almost positive opk today so I'm hoping my wait to ovulate is ending soon! Will do another tonight to see if it's positive!

Ooh I hope the ch's stay for you!!! Did you get a lot of bding in around then?

I'm in the same boat, after Oing on CD10 last month, I'm now on CD15 and still no sign, I've gotten and almost positive (well, darkest test line ive seen all month) on an OPK today, so I'm going to do another soonish and see, but I have all my fingers crossed! I hate waiting to O! Always makes me nervous that it wont happen lol.
schmetterling - FX for you! We will maybe be in the tww together :)

I'm in the same boat, after Oing on CD10 last month, I'm now on CD15 and still no sign, I've gotten and almost positive (well, darkest test line ive seen all month) on an OPK today, so I'm going to do another soonish and see, but I have all my fingers crossed! I hate waiting to O! Always makes me nervous that it wont happen lol.
schmetterling - FX for you! We will maybe be in the tww together :)

Oh I hope you will get a positive soon! Are you going to test again tonight? I've been testing like crazy the past few days and am excited to at least see the line getting darker! I hope we will both be in the tww soon :) and I feel you on getting nervous waiting to ovulate! This is our first cycle ttc and I was already worried it wouldn't happen!

I know, I always worry it wont happen! I have irregluar cycles so I feel like I'm tearing my hair out most of the time. I swear I've done about 50 tests in the last week haha. Thank goodness for internet cheapies ;) Yea I'm trying to hold it in until 9ish, then I'll do another one. My two tests from today are definetly showing some change - I did one at 3 with just a faint line then for some reason I did one again at 5, and the line is a LOT darker, so I'm testing again tonight to see if I'm just starting my surge. Unfortunately DH is at work till midnight tonight soooo if I get a positive I will be up late hahaha! Is your line getting darker on every test? Mine have been the same colour the last few days, except for the one today at 5! :)

Mine have been very light until today. I tested this morning and it was light but darker then they've been then I tested this afternoon and it was much darker. So I'm hoping it will be positive tonight! I have internet cheapies too but I also have a digital ovulation test with a few strips left so I'll likely use them when I get a positive on the cheapies to confirm. I made my poor hubby go out at midnight the day I got a pos opk for the first time since I had my daughter to get a digital test because I wanted to confirm it lol. My daughter was 17 months when my cycles came back and is 19 months now. I ovulated around day 23 last cycle and I'm cd 20 today so hopefully my cycles are starting to level out but we will see (or maybe we won't because I'll be pregnant! :). Sorry you have to stay up late tonight but I'm sure you'll be plenty motivated! Keep me updated if you get a positive! :)

Yay for very nearly oving! :happydance:

Our timing was pretty rubbish :( I already got two surges with OPK's and used 25 tests, refused to buy any more :nope: so just :sex: when we wanted to!

I'm hoping my temp stays up tomorrow but trying not to get my hopes up too high cause I always get let down when I do! If my temp stays up I'll be testing at about 7dpo onwards! Haha

Hey you never know, often when people stop worrying about timing and just bd when they want to, it will happen! I'm crossing my fingers for you! And I think I'll test super early too. I really would like to wait till 11 dpo since my lp was 10 dpo last cycle but I doubt I'll be able to wait that long! Hopefully within a couple days we will all be in the 2ww and can at least not stress about ovulating!

Well my last test was really faint :( Wondering if I've missed my surge, or if I'm not going to O any time soon and the darker test was a fluke. I have a feeling I'm out for this month. Good luck girls! I'll let you all know if I am lucky enough to O :) Lots of baby dust!!!

Maybe the urine wasn't concentrated enough? I'd test again tomorrow afternoon to be sure. Sometimes I think doing opk's leads to more stress than it's worth but since my daughter still wakes up at night I don't temp. Hoping you'll ovulate soon!!

Thank you! I hope I do too :) And I hope you get a positive soon! I have just started temping this morning, apparently as long as you can get 3 or more hours sleep in a row they are accurate! So fx lol. I'll use OPKs until I run out and then maybe I'll just stick to temping - these strips are driving me nuts, I'm wondering if I've missed my surge tbh! Suppose we'll see :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->