CD 2 Looking for buddies :)

BRIT1416

Reaction score
I was pretty bummed about my New Years BFN but now it's a new cycle and excited to try again! Anyone else wanna join as we wait? :) I am 24 and we are TTC baby # 4, we have a girl and two boys and would love to have another girl but will be happy either way :) I have been doing some reading on trying to conceive a girl anyone have some tricks they want to share?! :)

Hi :flower: I'm TTC #1, and on CD1 today with an approx 29 day cycle. We're also thinking about swaying for a girl so I would love to buddy up, although I dont have much experience of TTC!

:D xx

Forgot to say: I'm 25 and OH is 33. :D

Hi ladies! I'm 23, TTC #2, also hoping for a little girl. I'm cd8, with approximately 28-32 day cycles.
There's the Shettles Method of TTC, where you have sex 2-3 days before ovulation, because there's a theory that male sperm are faster and stronger but don't live as long as females. The idea is by the time the egg drops, there will be only female sperm left to fertilize it. I know there is another theory/method that is basically the opposite, though, so who knows!
BRIT1416, how old are your three kids?

Yay :) awesome to meet you all!

Just play: I have my daughter who is 4 my first son who is 2 and then my other son who will be one on wed! :) I see your little guy is 4 months? :)

I have also read about that method as well and hope it works even tho I'd be just as happy to have another boy :)

That's awesome we are all around the same age as well!

Brit, happy birthday to your little son! My little guy is indeed 4 months. :baby: Almost 4 and a half, now. Everyone says it, but I seriously can not BELIEVE how fast they grow up. If someone would have told me when he was born that I'd be actively trying to get pregnant less than half a year later, I would have told them they're insane!
We thought about trying the Shettles Method, since we know we want one of each, but I'm not sure I could refrain from Bd'ing when I know I'm ovulating, if that makes sense? If we have another boy this time, we'll try for one more and then actively gender sway for a little girl. For some reason, though, I always picture myself as a mom of just boys. Oh well, that would be okay too!
Lozzielaula, though I haven't been TTC very long I like to think I've done my research, so if you have any questions feel free to ask!
So to sway for a girl, when will you ladies be beginning your BD marathons? :haha:

Brit, happy birthday to your little son! My little guy is indeed 4 months. :baby: Almost 4 and a half, now. Everyone says it, but I seriously can not BELIEVE how fast they grow up. If someone would have told me when he was born that I'd be actively trying to get pregnant less than half a year later, I would have told them they're insane!
We thought about trying the Shettles Method, since we know we want one of each, but I'm not sure I could refrain from Bd'ing when I know I'm ovulating, if that makes sense? If we have another boy this time, we'll try for one more and then actively gender sway for a little girl. For some reason, though, I always picture myself as a mom of just boys. Oh well, that would be okay too!
Lozzielaula, though I haven't been TTC very long I like to think I've done my research, so if you have any questions feel free to ask!
So to sway for a girl, when will you ladies be beginning your BD marathons? :haha:

They do grow fast that is for sure! And I give you credit my husband wanted to try for another when our little guy was 4 months and I was just to tired to think of having another one lol! My baby fever has always kicked in at about 10/11 months :winkwink:

That is too funny because I have always pictured myself the mother of 3 boys so I was so excited when we had our girl first :)

And lozzielaula yes feel free to ask away :) it's always fun to share! We can keep each other sane in this crazy wait game

As far as BD I have read that for a girl you should bd everyday starting the first day after your period but that makes me nervous that we will be to tired by the time I do ovulate :/ i ovulated cycle day 17 last month according to my temp chart so my plan is to bd 14,15,16? Jan 16-18 and then begin TWW jan 20 and hopefully refrain from testing until 30th! My husbands birthday is the 31st so that would be fun to surprise hike with a BFP on his bday :) what about you justplay?

I totally agree with not being able to refrain on ovulation day! It was hard last month! :dohh: it's so hard waiting lol I'm so impatient!

Do you ladies chart temps?

My baby fever seemed to kick in when Kai was about 3 months. That's around when we started getting normal amounts of sleep again. I think part of our wanting another is that Kai seems to be a very easy-going baby. He very rarely cries for no reason, and is very easy to calm. He sleeps for about 11 hours a night, waking up for one feed at around 2-3 and another at about 6 when his dad leaves for work. He then goes back to sleep until 8 or 9. So I pretty much have time to get anything I need done in those early hours, and still get plenty of sleep. I fully realize that 1. This could change as he gets older, 2. Other babies aren't necessarily this easy, and 3. Having two under two will make things a lot more complicated!

Isn't it funny how we have these pictures of how things will end up? Honestly, I see myself with three little boys, but would love for that to be wrong. Two little boys, and then a little girl would be perfect, though :)

Yes, having TTC buddies is going to be great! While not actively TTC, my OH and I were NTNP the past month, and if that's any indication of how things will be, the TWW is going to drive me crazy!! It will be nice to have people to chat with/symptom spot, etc. with during this crazy time.

I know how you feel, last month we bd'ed for like a week straight, and I was so tired after that, lol. OH seemed pleased about it, though. :) I think we're going to start bd'ing cd11 or 12 (Jan. 8th or 9th) and continue through ovulation (hopefully Jan 13th). We'll see how that goes!

I actually did buy a BBT and got a ff account, but I'm not sure temping is going to work for me. Even with a good sleeper, having a four month old makes temping difficult. So mine have kind of been all over the place?? If I can figure out how, I'm going to try and link my chart in my signature if you want to take a look at it. I'm not a great sleeper in general, so it's hard to find a good time to temp and get consistent results!

Edit: I did it! I linked my 'o chart.

A www :) yes my babies have all been pretty good babies and I just loved my bonding time with them at night :)

How do you link the charts to your name?! I wanna link them as well :) I started temps last month mid cycle so I am definetly no expert!

I'm assuming you use fertility friend? So the way I did it was by going to the upper left of the FF home screen and under My Apps, there will be a link called My Chart (the same way you probably go to see your chart). Click on that and it should take you to your chart, as well as showing new tabs at the top of the screen under the search bar. Those tabs should be Home, Data, View, Analysis, Sharing, and Chart Settings. Hover over Sharing and when that menu comes up, click on Get Code. It should bring up some options, where you can choose exactly what to share. Under Graphics select Add Charting Ticker. It might have you select which chart you want to use, since you have two but I think the default is the most recent one anyway. When you save the settings, I think it should bring up all the different codes you can use. Under bbCode, select Chart Thumbnail if you want it to show up as a ticker in your sig, or Simple Link if you just want the link. So copy that code and head over to B&B and go to User CP in the upper right, under Settings and Options, and click on Edit Signature. Then paste that code in there, and you should be good to go! Haha, sorry if i made that sound super complicated; it's not nearly as hard as I made it sound!

Thanks ladies, that's very kind of you! I dont think I have any questions yet lol but I probably will!

I'm coming off bc so I am not sure how soon I will ovulate. the last time I came off the pill I returned to normal pretty much straight away, so if I'm lucky and that happens again I should O around the 19th so intend to bed every other day from the end of af to probably cd17 if I want to avoid the actual O day. If I can resist :haha:

I'm not temping yet, decided to just monitor my body for the first few cycles then if we dont fall pregnant we'll start using OPKs and temping, but I'm hoping we wont need to.

I am glad that you ladies are here for when the TWW starts, I should be testing the 1st or 2nd of Feb so we are pretty close in test dates! One after the other :haha:

Happy birthday to your son on Weds Brit, hope it's a good day for you all :flower:

Hi ladies I'd to join you. I'm on CD3 with 28-30 day cycles. I'm 31 and OH is 29 we are TTCing for #2 and hoping for a boy since LO is a 18 month old princess. Hopefully we will all be bump buddies soon. I loved this when I was TTC and pregnant the first time. Baby dust to you all!!!

Thanks just playi will have to attempt that tmrw!!

Thank you im excited and sad not ready for my baby to be a toddler yet :( but love seeing the little person he is becoming :) and we are so close AF is due on feb 2 im hoping I can hold off as long as I can but know I will prolly give in early :(...haha

I'm so excited to have a couple gals to talk to :) fingers crossed we can all get our BFP!! Now just waiting for AF to end ;)

Hi ladies I'd to join you. I'm on CD3 with 28-30 day cycles. I'm 31 and OH is 29 we are TTCing for #2 and hoping for a boy since LO is a 18 month old princess. Hopefully we will all be bump buddies soon. I loved this when I was TTC and pregnant the first time. Baby dust to you all!!!

Hello!! And welcome :) we will be close if not exact in cycle days :) with my two boys I did opks and once they turned positive we BD that day plus the next day! :) I also love this site while TTC and pregnancy :)

So my period has been lighting up a lot today and I think it will be done today/tmrw! :) so if my period ends early do you ladies know if that I could possibly ovulate earlier?? :)

Welcome, LeahJ7712! So you're a b&b veteran then, huh? I wish I had discovered this site sooner. I'll be so excited to have bump buddies this time around! :happydance:
Lozzie, I don't blame you. I feel like OPKs and temping are really just stressing me out! I hope you can do fine without them. I don't think temping is working for me, honestly. But I use OPKs mostly to help cure my POAS addiction, I think. :dohh:
Brit, I would think if your period is ending early that would mean that yeah, your cycle should be a bit shorter this month. That would be nice!
I'm just hoping I actually ovulate this month! If I don't, though, that's okay. It just means my body isn't ready to be pregnant again.

So I think my temps are going to have to be thrown out this month. I had a little cold at the beginning of my cycle, and it seems that really affected my temperatures. They now seem a lot more normal, and at least I haven't o'ed yet, so hopefully I'll be able to get a good idea then since I've had a few days to get good base temps.

For those of you using OPKS, what cycle day do you plan on starting tests? I started yesterday (cd 9) and got a faint test line. Today (cd 10) I got a slightly darker test line, so I'm hoping that means I'm getting closer and will actually 'o this month!

I keep spacing on my temps so I'm thinking I will try really hard to keep temping until I confirm ovulation and then I may just stop I did notice last month that every little tiny dip I got stressed out :( but then it was nice because I had a huge drop the day my period came so it was nice to know that my period was on its way :/ hmmm decisions decisions :/

I'm not sure when I will start using opk I only have 7 is there a trick to knowing when to start doing those?? I guess I can always buy more ;)

That's interesting about stress causing a dip. Hmmm... At this point, I'm going to keep doing temps until the end of the month, but with a LO that wakes up every few hours, I just don't think it's going to be a realistic option for me. Plus, I'm terrible at remembering to actually take my temp!

What kind of OPKs do you have? I have the Clearblue digital both pink and purple ones, and I'm kind of frustrated with those right now, tbh. I find they give me inconsistent results. I also have Answer brand OPKs, and they were the ones that gave me an almost positive today. I'm not sure if that means I'll be o'ing soon, but I think we'll try to bd tonight, just in case.
I know it depends on the brand as to when you're supposed to start taking them. Is your cycle a regular 28 days? Google has this to say: "It's usually the length of your usual cycle minus 17 days. So, if you have a 28-day cycle, start testing on day 11 and carry on for six days. Use an ovulation calculator to help you work out when your fertile window is likely to be."

That's interesting about stress causing a dip. Hmmm... At this point, I'm going to keep doing temps until the end of the month, but with a LO that wakes up every few hours, I just don't think it's going to be a realistic option for me. Plus, I'm terrible at remembering to actually take my temp!

What kind of OPKs do you have? I have the Clearblue digital both pink and purple ones, and I'm kind of frustrated with those right now, tbh. I find they give me inconsistent results. I also have Answer brand OPKs, and they were the ones that gave me an almost positive today. I'm not sure if that means I'll be o'ing soon, but I think we'll try to bd tonight, just in case.
I know it depends on the brand as to when you're supposed to start taking them. Is your cycle a regular 28 days? Google has this to say: "It's usually

the length of your usual cycle minus 17 days. So, if you have a 28-day cycle, start testing on day 11 and carry on for six days. Use an ovulation calculator to help you work out when your fertile window is likely to be."

I was using the answer brand but they didn't have them at the store I went to so I grabbed the first response ones and my cycle has been 28-30 days so maybe I'll just do it cycle day 11 and if I have to run out and get some I will :)
If only we could just receive text or emails saying you are ovulation and congrats you are pregnant :haha: would make everything SO much easier :winkwink:

I like the Answer brand. They seem really straightforward, unlike the CB ones. I haven't tried First Response, but I've heard varying reviews.
Haha! That would be amazing. I remember one woman on here saying how it would be awesome if we'd just pee green or something once we got pregnant! But of course, it can't be so easy. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->