cd11, am I out? (maybe tmi)

JulieandNick

Reaction score
Hi ladies. We are not charting so we base our efforts on cm. We bd on cd 9, 10 and 11 but then he got sick and we have not been able to all week. I got really a lot of ewcm on cd 14 which persisted (though significantly diminished the day after). Today I am feeling especially wet and I have some mild cramping so I assume today must be O day (I was kind of hoping it was earlier - it usually is). Dh is on the mend and we believe tonight we can do the deed. Is it too late? Have I missed my chance? Could previous BD activities count? Normally I have a 28 day cycle but it can be as short as 26 (last month was). And if he is still in pain and unable to... contribute does it sound I missed the window this month? Thanks in advance. I know this is thing is driving me nuts, so apologies.
Juliet

Do you mean 11dpo? as CD11 would mean your not ovulating yet? (i believe this is also posted on netmums no?) and i think you have covered your bases as sperm can live for quite a long time xx

Hi, thank you for your answer, yes I did post it there too. I must admit I am pretty anxious about trying. No, I meant cd11 was the last time we dtd. Then he strained his back and was out of action. I got a lot of cm on cd15 but my body indicates that o day was today (cd18) (which if true is actually a few days later than normally). We plan to try and see if he can manage tonight but I am worried it is too late. I know how long sperm can live (though it helps to hear), I guess I was asking because I only suspect when O was and don't know for sure. Hubby might still not be able to ahem contribute and I wanted to know if we can't have sex tonight if there is still a chance, so basically two questions, 1, is it possible to conceive from sex on cd11 or is it too early? and 2 if O was yesterday/today, is it too late to try (if he can) PS I know I am stretching this and that probably this cycle is not the one, it is just the first time we were supposed to be trying after our miscarriage and I am terribly anxious

1- is it possible to conceive from sex on cd11 or is it too early? Since you don't for sure know your O day, then I my best guess is....maybe it's too early, maybe it's not. If you think you O'd on CD18 then yes, sex on CD11 would be too early. Sperm can live in ideal conditions for up to 5 days, but I think the norm is 3 days.

2- if O was yesterday/today, is it too late to try (if he can)? Not necessarily too late. But again, you don't know for sure when Ovulation was so you are just going to have to go for it and wait and see. They say sex BEFORE ovulation has a better chance as sperm have to go through a process before they meet the egg, but I've read in lots of places women getting pregnant from sex only on the day of ovulation.

Thank you so much. Maybe it's worth trying. Hope he's able to. We'll know soon enough. I'll try to relax. There is always next month...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->