CD2...anyone wanna be TTC buddies?

mamawanabe21

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
Hi ladies.
My name is Emma, and I'm 25, my fiance is 24 and DD is 3.

I've been posting on here for the past couple of weeks or so, but unfortunately, I didn't get pregnant last cycle, so here I am, looking for some online buddies that are going through the same thing as me. I'm almost sick to death of RL friends looking at me with sympathy and telling me it'll happen when the time is right, and then change the subject, because gosh, they're already pregnant and isn't this heat just a killer?!

Me and OH are engaged, though we're in no hurry to marry because I've never actually wanted to get hitched, and we are so ready to expand our little family. I already have DD1, who's only just turned 3, and we'd love for her to have a brother or a sister (she wants both!)

We've been TTC for around 18 months, I'd say. We've tried NTNP, not 'trying', tried charting, and now we're pulling out all the stops and charting, changing our diets, taking extra pills, trying fertilitea...you name it, we're trying it...and if we aren't, it's because we haven't heard of it haha!

I'm on CD2 today, so it's a new cycle, and I'm just looking for someone to whine to, laugh with, discuss disgusting things like EWCM and cervix positioning and spotting and all the gross stuff my OH nor my friends want to know about.

So yeah...hello :)

Hi Emma! I'm Kay. I'm 27 and DD is turning 3 next month. We are also ttc #2 but this is our first cycle trying, currently cd 4 and just waiting around now trying to pass the time.

Did you just start charting again this cycle? This is my first time trying it, never did the first time around. I think i o on cd 17 so i have a ways to go, how about you? I'll happily chat through the tmi and symptom spotting with you.

Hi, ladies, I'm Isabel, I'm 22 and my DH is 29. We've been ttc for 20 months. My DH has a low count. Atm I'm 6dpo. I was given a trigger shot of Ovidrel 8/16 and have been on progesterone sups since 8/21. I'm really hoping this is our month and this last week of my tww sucks!

Hi ladies. I'm 28, DH is 27 and we also have a nearly three year old who keeps asking for a sister (he is very specific!! Lol).

I am currently on CD6 and this is only my 2nd cycle actively TTC. I have decided to start chatting this month but am totally confused by it all!! I checked my cervix this morning and it was medium and very open?! I thought it would have closed and raised by now?

Quite happy to chat all the details and natter away the days! I normally have a relatively short cycle of 26 days.

Hoping its you ladies lucky month xx

Hi there!

Faithandlove I hope this is the one for you! The Tww drags I know. Almost there, GL!

Sparrowmummy I don't have a very good grasp on the whole cervix checking so I haven't tried. I'm hoping by the end of this cycle I'll either have a bfp or have a chart that makes everything a little clearer. So cute your ds wants a little sister. My DD loves her new baby girl cousin so now wants a sister too, but mostly so she can brush her hair :)

Hi ladies! Lovely to meet you all :)
Yeah Kay, I started charting again. Hardest thing for me is remembering to take my temp before getting up to pee. I did miss charting, just because I like to know what is happening in my cycle. This month I seem to have higher temps than I remember from the last time I charted, and I read that a warmer body is better for conceiving, so fingers crossed its a good sign :)
Isabel, my oh is worried he has a low count as we're just not catching. I think its an insecurity because with DD's biological father, i caught straight off the implant. Is there anything you can suggest to try and boost his count or anything?
Sparrowmummy, cervix position is very unreliable as it changes throughout the day. If you want to take up checking it, you need to check it at the same time, with the same method every day. Also, its possible your cervix is constantly open because you already have your son...it never conpletely closes after childbirth :) feel free to mantion anything else that confuses you. We can all try and make the ttc process easier on each other :)

:dust: baby dust to all of you!! :dust:

That helps thank you ladies!! I think maybe I will not bother with checking cervical position lol.

I am really annoyed as have come away for three days and have left my thermometer at home �� So can't continue to chart while I'm here. So probably have to just go blind this month and hope I strike it lucky. My husband is at home so I'm just hoping I don't O while I'm away. We got in some BD the day I left and will the day I get back!

Are any of you using OPKS? I did last month but never got a positive or even faint line so am not going to bother this month. Xx

Yeah I use OPK's. Id be totally lost without them. They help predict when O is going to happen, and as charting only confirms when ovulation has happened, (after the fact) it just helps with the bigger picture for me. You can still continute to xhart with a three day gap because FF uses all temps to evaluate your cycle. It might not be able to pinpoint the exact date if you O whilst away but should be abme to deteemine if it happened during that time...if that makes sense?

So my period only lasted 4 days but the first two was auper light bleeding, the third day was pink spotting and the fourth was just a tiny bit of brown when i wiped. No need for a pad or anything. Feeling super exhausted too. Yesterday i fell asleep on the sofa, so my brother (whos staying with me atm) woke me up and I went to bed with DD for a couple of hours. I feel the same today...just want sleep. Maybe i'm coming down with something!

Thanks that really helps! I will continue to temp when I get back. I've decided I'm not going to opk this month but if I don't catch this time I will on the next cycle. I've worked out I'm going to roughly O wed/thurs so am just going to get lots of BD in all week and hope for the best!!

What cycle day do you normally O have you seen a pattern? Xx

Ps hope your not coming down with something and your feeling better soon! Xx

Glad to be of help :)
I ovulate whenever my body feels like it haha! Its normally sometime during week 2, or occasionally week 3. Thats why temping helps me, because sometimes my body gears up to O, so I get positive opks and ewcm, and then just doesnt release an egg, so i dont get the dip and spike on ff.
Our bodies are amazing but theyre also annoying lol.
And thank you. I hope i feel better soon too! Xx

Oh no, Emma hope you are feeling better soon. We just had a nasty bug go through the house last week. I think I'll try opks again next cycle too if we don't get lucky this time around. I only ever got a positive one cycle when trying for DD and it wasnt even the cycle we conceived. That's interesting to hear about warmer temps, I was wondering about mine as they seemed kind of high but then they appear to have started to drop after af so not sure if they are typically high during that time.

Oh no, Emma hope you are feeling better soon. We just had a nasty bug go through the house last week. I think I'll try opks again next cycle too if we don't get lucky this time around. I only ever got a positive one cycle when trying for DD and it wasnt even the cycle we conceived. That's interesting to hear about warmer temps, I was wondering about mine as they seemed kind of high but then they appear to have started to drop after af so not sure if they are typically high during that time.

My temps seem to be within the same range from cd1 upto O, so af doesnt affect mine. i read some article by a doctor saying that you should avojd cold foods during the luteal phase like ice creams and salads etc and focus more on casseroles, chilli's, soups...anything that will raise your bosy temp as it increases your chances at conceiving and an egg implanting :)
I'm willing to give anything a go...but definitely woukd explain why everyone I know has gotten pregnant in the colder months haha.
My temps are still slightly higher. Laat night I had the worst nights sleep...felt really hot but really cold and sweaty. Another strong bout of nausea this evening but its slowly going...i'm so out of wack this month for some reason.
I would deffo try opking. Theres no harm. :)

Ugh, please excuse the typos, trying to post on my phone without my glasses on ��

Ha I'd be willing to try that too. I'll take a casserole over a salad any day :) hope you're able to get some rest today. Hopefully it doesn't throw you off too much this cycle.

I was just reading up on charting on a blog and it said to disregard temps for af anyway, some just temp those days to stay in the habit. Mine seem to be way up then down then back up but I don't want to read into that too much since I'm only cd8 but I worry that I'm not actually ovulating most months. Probably being paranoid but I'll have one month with excessive cm, o pains, etc but then most I have none of that. I think that's why I'm so excited to chart, just to see if I actually am even when I don't have any other signs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->