CD28, wonky chart and no Ov! :(

ireadyermind

Reaction score
Hello, ladies!

I'm looking for a little feedback here. My chart is all OVER the place and I can't figure out why.

Details:
I've been charting since Oct/Nov cycle of 2014 (with a couple exceptions while we were taking a break from TTC for sanity's sake! lol) and I've never had a cycle like this one before.

I temp every morning at the same time. I've an alarm set for it, and I wake up and immediately take my temp before I do anything else.

In the past few months, my chart showed a temp spike around CD18 or 19, with sustained temps clear through the arrival of AF.

This month, my temps are ALL OVER the place, spiking up, then down, then up again. They're somewhat higher than my pre-O temps in previous months, and they don't seem to stay down or up for more than a couple days at most.

My average cycle is 37 days long, my average Luteal Phase is 15 days. Here I am on CD28 and still no sustained temp rise, and no positive OPKs!

I have taken a couple of pregnancy tests this month, about a week and a half apart, and they were both negative.

My OPKs are staying at about the same every time. I test in late morning, and early evening. Some days I tested in the afternoon as well... thank goodness the Wondfos are so cheap, because I've blown through 30+ at this point and I am not seeing any signs that ovulation is approaching. :shrug:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/54b523//thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

I'm so baffled. I haven't changed my diet, I only drank alcohol on two nights for this whole month, I haven't been sick, it hasn't been really hot or really cold in my house this month... DH and I are trying to keep up with BDing but at this point it's starting to feel like a chore. I was aiming for roughly every other day just in case I ovulate somewhere along the way without a clear +OPK. But I'm starting to get really frustrated over this whole thing and my OB/GYN isn't being helpful, either.

Thoughts? Suggestions? I started taking Vitex a couple days ago (about CD25?) and I'm hoping that'll help. I've never had a cycle where O was delayed like this. So stressful. :(

Your feedback is appreciated. :)

:hug: Sorry it looks like you haven't O'd yet. I've heard that everyone will have the occasional delayed O cycle. I hope the Vitex helps.

Hi. While it doesn't look like you have ovulated yet it can take a few days for a temp rise after ovulation for some women so keep an eye. Are your cycles quite irregular? Be careful with vitex .. While it is good for some women regulating their cycles it has also been known to mess with other women's cycles.

I've been TCCing since my Oct/Nov cycle as well, and the cycle before this one I O'd quite late.

I have 36 day cycles and 14 days LPs, so I just about always ovulate on CD23. Last cycle everything looked good up until CD23, and then nothing. My BBT stayed right where it was for a few days, then started going absolutely all over the place. I ended up ovulating on CD39 and had a 54 day cycle.

I didn't catch the egg then, because I ended up being quite sick the week I O'd and it didn't even show up on my chart because I had a fever :p This cycle, my BBTs didn't settle down into their normal pre-O temp range until CD16, but I O'd on time and everything has been looking great this LP. So don't worry, weird cycles happen!

Hi. While it doesn't look like you have ovulated yet it can take a few days for a temp rise after ovulation for some women so keep an eye. Are your cycles quite irregular? Be careful with vitex .. While it is good for some women regulating their cycles it has also been known to mess with other women's cycles.

No, my cycles are generally pretty predictable. I've always had a clear, sustained BBT spike at the time of O, some positive OPKs, and AF showed up about 15 days later in every case except one, which we think was a MMC in December 2014.

Also my cycles were moving in the right direction. My O date slowly moved from CD 23 to CD 18 and I was hoping for a 32 day cycle this month. Looks like that's not gonna happen though! If I O tomorrow (unlikely, as I got another negative OPK this morning), I'm looking at a 44 day cycle. :sad1:

I've been TCCing since my Oct/Nov cycle as well, and the cycle before this one I O'd quite late.

I have 36 day cycles and 14 days LPs, so I just about always ovulate on CD23. Last cycle everything looked good up until CD23, and then nothing. My BBT stayed right where it was for a few days, then started going absolutely all over the place. I ended up ovulating on CD39 and had a 54 day cycle.

I didn't catch the egg then, because I ended up being quite sick the week I O'd and it didn't even show up on my chart because I had a fever :p This cycle, my BBTs didn't settle down into their normal pre-O temp range until CD16, but I O'd on time and everything has been looking great this LP. So don't worry, weird cycles happen!

Oo, you and I have some stuff in common, it looks like! :) We could be TTC buddies if you'd like. It helps to hear that you eventually ovulated even if it took a while. That must have been incredibly frustrating! I know I'm going nuts and I'm only a week overdue! Did you have any signs besides a BBT spike to indicate ovulation?

We can definitely be TTC buddies :)

I typically don't get a lot of EWCM, nor do I frequently catch my cervix in an open state during my morning checks around ovulation - which would both be excellent signs - but this cycle I had both loud and clear. I started the soft cup method this cycle, starting 5 days before my expected O day, and I think keeping everything held up against the cervix over night is what helped. Starting the first morning after using the cup, and continuing the entire time I used it, my cervic was soft, high and open, and later checks for CM (after all the extra stuff ran out :haha:) I was nice and wet with lots of EWCM.

I've also started using opks, and I did get a positive before O, but I also never ever have stark white negatives. I've always got a faint line, even if I test during my period, so it get hard to determine when I've reached a positive. lol.

I don't usually get EWCM either. After a cervical surgery/procedure last May, I thought I'd never get any ever again, BUT a couple cycles ago I had a ton of it for the first time in ages. That was pretty uplifting! This cycle, it's been at the "creamy" stage almost exclusively.

The same thing happens to me with OPKs as with you -- there's always a line of some kind! This cycle it's been almost entirely at what I'd consider half dark, and has never gotten any darker than that. Certainly never as dark as the control. I read that there's always some of the LH present in our systems, which is why the test line has to be at least as dark as the control line instead of merely showing up.

Today's CD30 and still no signs of O. In fact, my temp made another drop today. I keep hoping that these dips mean that tomorrow's temp will be a spike that leads to evidence of ovulation, but then I remember that I haven't gotten a +OPK yet. I'm wondering if my OPKs are faulty or something -- except that I've gotten really faint results in addition to these half dark ones, so I know they're doing SOMETHING. lol

One thing I noticed, though, is that my abdomen has been really tender the past couple of days. Almost like I did too many sit-ups. Now, I do work out, but it's on a rotating schedule, and I haven't done any core workouts for a few days, so it's not due to any actual sit-ups. Haha

With the softcups -- I've considered trying that! Makes sense that helping everything stay in there where it needs to be would work. I hope it helps you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->